Notices

Anybody get Autoscan to work on OS2008? I grabbed the package from autoscan.fr and installed it without any problems, but when I go to run it, it says its loading, and then just dies and nothing pops up. Any ideas?

Have you tried running it from the command line? That might give a useful error.

I cant find the binary :P

Ive searched for it too using find / -name "autoscan" -print and that returned nothing.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
This gives more results probably:
Code:
find / -iname "*autoscan*"
/usr/bin/AutoScan_Network_Gui
/usr/bin/AutoScan_Network.sh
/usr/sbin/AutoScan_Agent

Yay! Found AutoScan_Network.sh.

Whenever I try to run it, I get the following:

Nokia-N800-50-2:~# /usr/bin/AutoScan_Network.sh > output.txt
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libosso-ic-preload.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/usr/bin/AutoScan_Network_Gui: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it says I need libdbus, but if I apt-get install dbus, it says its already installed.

Are /usr/lib/libosso-ic-preload.so and /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2 both on your system?

No they are not.

Well i have libdbus-1.so-3 so I linked it to libdbus-1.so.2 and it got rid of that error. I still have the libossos-ic-preload.so error, but now I have a new one:

/usr/bin/AutoScan_Network_Gui: error while loading shared libraries: libhildonwidgets.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

has anyone gotten Autoscan to work on 2008?

Originally Posted by staulkor View Post
Whenever I try to run it, I get the following:

Nokia-N800-50-2:~# /usr/bin/AutoScan_Network.sh > output.txt
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libosso-ic-preload.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/usr/bin/AutoScan_Network_Gui: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I get the same error when running from the command line. I'm holding off on trying to fix dependencies until (hopefully) a more seasoned Linux user can define the steps required to get this completely working. It's not that I don't want to do the work-- I just don't want to screw up my OS. Any takers?