Notices

I installed it from the download file on an N800/OS2008. It appears in the extras menu but does nothing.
Then I tried running Autoscan_Network_Gui from a root shell, and learned that libdbus-1.so.2 was missing. After Googling around I found that it had been replaced with libdbus-1.so.3 which was in my /usr/lib/ so I created a symlink:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 /usr/lib/libdbus-1/so/2
Now it complains about libhildonwidgets.so.0 That is a dead end - Google loops back to this thread, and the other references are for RPMs that do me no good at all.

I left a post on the Autoscan forum, maybe something will come of that.

Walt

Any updates with this? (Bump)

A quick google turns up some Angstrom packages:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org...hildonwidgets0

Should be possible to grab one with the correct architecture, extract the so, and toss it in...

Not clean, but it should work. (This library appears to be a maemo 3.x legacy, so the ideal situation would be to rebuild the software without it...)

I still have some interest in this, any change if getting the code and re-compiling it for 2008, or trying to fix all these errors?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Argentina
I know this is an old post, but since there was no final reply to it I might as well bring the subject up.
Installed Autoscan on my N800 running Diablo with the latest updates (yeah the one that had me reflashing my beloved IT) and runs pretty smooth as to the application starting up. However, I have this particular problem when I try adding a network using the wizard I get the following error:
[FAILED] Connecting (127.0.0.1) (Connection refused)

Any ideas?

Where did you install from? I couldn't even get that far with the copy I tried (now lost).

Walt

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Argentina
Ive installed the deb package from the autoscan site
http://autoscan-network.com/index.ph...d=12&Itemid=27 Worked for me

Thanks!

I have the same setup as you have - N800, with the latest Diablo 4.2008.36-5.
Autoscan installed from the .deb file you linked to (I downloaded it on a PC to the SD card, if that makes a difference) and it runs perfectly as far as I can tell. The Wizard ran fine, and it discovered all the PCs and printers in my local subnet.

I have had kismet installed on this tablet for some time, and I recall having to manually load some of the libraries. Possibly one of them has helped here, but I really don't remember the specifics.

Walt

Thanks for bringing this thread back. I just downloaded and installed AutoScan from the website and ran "autoscan-network" from X-Term. It opened the Wizard and, as you say, gets hung up on the "Where is located the network" screen:

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by raynman View Post
Thanks for bringing this thread back. I just downloaded and installed AutoScan from the website and ran "autoscan-network" from X-Term. It opened the Wizard and, as you say, gets hung up on the "Where is located the network" screen:

same problem here ....
being root didn't help.

what's wrong?