Media Maestro Mini, a free download as part of the Media Maestro LSX remote control software solution, makes its way on to more devices. Maestro Mini now lets users turn their Nokia web tablet (N770, N800, N810) into a wireless remote control for Apple iTunes or Windows Media Player loaded on their home PC.

Turning their Nokia into a media remote control allows Maestro Mini users to browse their libraries while viewing album art, adjusting stereo controls, viewing song lyrics, and experiencing a realm of other features all in the palm of their hand.

The Maestro Mini was designed for touch control on small screens (between 3 and 7 in.) This makes the controls easy to use while lounging on the sofa, without having to reach for the tiny Nokia stylus.

I haven't installed it yet but it looks really nice.

edit; Its actually not free as I initially thought (you need to buy the media package 19.95)

http://www.harmony-home.com/MediaMae...oductsMini.htm

Last edited by crabolsky; 2008-08-12 at 23:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to crabolsky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
this would be useful if it supported something people actually used for media playback, like winamp

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK

Cool, shame I don't use iTunes or WMP though. (foobar in Windows) and MPD in Linux. So I guess the irremote over telnet works for now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ NY Metro Area, US
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Cool, shame I don't use iTunes or WMP though. (foobar in Windows) and MPD in Linux. So I guess the irremote over telnet works for now.
If you use MPD then Sonata is a perfect choice. Works like a charm!

Haha I do use Sonata for MPD. Irremote for VLC and Foobar (via Telnet). They've worked well for me so far.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...