Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
can we please get the mobile resolution playback back ?
You have to ask youtube that question.

Right now the lowest quality mobile stream from Youtube is rtsp stream format 5. The ytube built-player can play it but no sound . That was the problem with phonon video player. N900 default media player can play rtsp stream though.

The lowest flash 240p quality which is current used to play video in portrait mode.

You might want to use portrait playback if you are in slow connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Here's a little demonstration video of new updated version 1-4 can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAXR0HYq-EM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Can someone help me with this app. After flashing n900 app doesn't start. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Sticking to Cutetube tbh. I can't see the point of this app. I'd go as far to say that it's a bit of clone / rip off.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Sticking to Cutetube tbh. I can't see the point of this app. I'd go as far to say that it's a bit of clone / rip off.
The beauty of open source is that (as long as you stick to the licence of the code) anyone is free to take a project, fork/rename it if they want, and make their own improvements. khuong originally submitted his improvements to marxian but marxian wanted to concentrate on his QML version, so I see no problem with khoung renaming and improving the original cutetube as he's done. And there's nothing wrong with having two Youtube apps - competition can be healthy.

Last edited by pelago; 2011-06-11 at 22:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
someone help please, when i try to download video its says failed.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
for some reason videos aren't playing :S it says unable to connect
and btw can we have 240p flash playback in landscape more please ?

This is an unexpected release to fix the buffering issue which I experienced in the last couple days due to youtube made some changes and added preferred server redirection to their video stream url based on your isp. The buffering issue only affected the high quality stream, and not all the redirected server are giving the problem. In my case, I've been getting buffering issue even when i watched on my computer. So, I guess I got a slow one..

v1-5:
  • Added ability to view and play other user's playlist in VideoInfo Window.
  • Fixed incorrect video duration display for video longer than 60 mins.
  • Fixed playlist name incorrectly displayed in non-english characters.
  • Fixed the slow buffering problem on high quality stream due to recently url redirection changes made by youtube.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Caracas Venezuela
hello i got the same luka´s problem ...after reflash my device and reinstall ytube ....when i try to open the app it just doesnt start...i mean it try to open but then close ...is there any way to solve this problem????...i already searched in google and in the forum...but theres no answer

Originally Posted by erick2991 View Post
hello i got the same luka´s problem ...after reflash my device and reinstall ytube ....when i try to open the app it just doesnt start...i mean it try to open but then close ...is there any way to solve this problem????...i already searched in google and in the forum...but theres no answer
start it up in x-term to see what happens?
type "python2.5 /opt/ytube/ytube.py"