Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
2.1.0.10 is now the first and only update step to take if you have to reset a Jolla tablet.
(Given your account is EA activated)
Mine lost some sectors resulting in only booting up half way and no apps were startable.
Corrected the error via disk check and did full reset in recovery and was running up to date 30 minutes later again.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
2.1.0.10 is now the first and only update step to take if you have to reset a Jolla tablet.
Wow, didn't expect that. That's pretty nice to hear!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
(Given your account is EA activated)
It should work like this on devices that use LVM for storage - IIRC (from reading the factory reset script a while ago) there is now a partition that holds the rootfs & initial home partition files in squashfs images.

When you perform a factory reset, the / and home LVs and the underlying VG will be dropped, then a new VG and new LVs for / and home created and formatted with EXT4. Then the rootfs squasfs is mounted and it's content copied to the rootfs lv, same thing for the initial home files.

Looks like this is the script in question, not sure if it still works the same way:
https://github.com/sailfishos/initrd-helpers/blob/master/factory-reset-lvm

In any case, this way you should be able to quite easily update the rootfs and home restore images - just add new squashfs files and delete the old ones (or possibly leave the previous pair, just in case).

Previously with btrfs a btrfs snapshot was used for factory reset - while this might have looked like a nice clean solution, you can't really update such a snapshot over network, especially if all storage is already allocated to the one btrfs instance...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Me neither.
I reseted a JP1 a month ago to 2.0.5.6 to give it to a (coding) friend and had to take all the expected 6(?) steps over the whole day with pita slow downloads.
I guess tablet being on 2.0.1.0 as revocery base helped, but i am sure i had steps between 2.0.x and 2.0.5.6 on jp1.
Tempting to try again now, also on C

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
*snip*
Previously with btrfs a btrfs snapshot was used for factory reset - while this might have looked like a nice clean solution, you can't really update such a snapshot over network, especially if all storage is already allocated to the one btrfs instance...
Thanks, that cleared up much!!
And yes, judging from the output, the linked script was in action on my tablet during recovery.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-03-27 at 17:43.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
updated aqua f*sh to official update 2.0.5.6 and then enabled developer mode, installed 2.1.0.9 update through terminal, patches , usb tethering and everything is working smooth. last time i had developer mode enabled store stopped working and there were no updates. ultimate statusbar patch and old pulley menu patch are not working and sharing multiple files through bluetooth is not working. i have some questions regarding updating through terminal but i guess i will learn with time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Anybody else having spurious Sailfish Browser crashes on Jollas C since 2.1.0.9 ?

Relevant question on Together:

Browser crash when loading page (2.1.0.9+)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Anybody else having spurious Sailfish Browser crashes on Jollas C since 2.1.0.9 ?
No as I do not have a Jolla C But I have had some on Jolla 1. More since the upgrade than before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK

Happens much more often on Fairphone 2, despite having plenty of RAM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...tes-210iijoki/ now says:
2017-04-03: 2.1.0.11 Early access release for Jolla 1, C and Tablet. Fixed https://together.jolla.com/question/158984/.
The linked topic is temporarily not available and the date is next monday Also, I see no new update as of yet.

edit: I wrote "does not exist" instead of "is temporarily not available" previously, because apparently reading error messages is a bit above me today.

edit2: relates to "[2.1.0.10] Multiple crashes/lock ups per day since update" (google cache)
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2017-03-29 at 11:12.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

Yep. Especially JS heavy sites.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sfos upgrade