Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
So what about for people who don't have currency desktop widget?

today after udating my Theme (Black Plastic) I lost Foreca weather widget, and I can't find it under desktop/widgets to add it back.
Any clues where its at?

found a few posts on this issue and this is the largest/most recently used one i came across so ...

Im on pr1.3 (powerkernel42)

- Getting media player issues (wont play needs an add/remove to work)
- Getting widgets randomly disspearing, although this might coincide with the mp widget not 100% sure yet.

This is driving me somewhat insane and posts way back refering to pr1.2 coming with a fix are obviously mute. Media player widget has been misbehaving form day one long before most of the other widgets were added so the obvious suspect is nokias media player widget as others have reported so ill try removing that and see if it solves things but i use this widget very often so is there an alturnative? Or is this issue just enevitable with any widgts and hk inherant issue?

List of dissapearing widgets:
- FM Transmit
- Dekstop Command
- Dataplan monitor
- email
- Forcea Weather
- twitter
- Custom Operator name

If there has been more recent progress on this or a more recent thread please let me know

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-24 at 00:05.

The term is "moot" by the way.

Do all the widgets go, or just the ones listed? Normally one is impacting the others, but while the mp widget is a bit flakey, I haven't seen it do this.

Your approach is sound though, remove them one by one until you figure it out.

Make sure you have plenty of disk space in the system partitions.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
The term is "moot" by the way.

Do all the widgets go, or just the ones listed? Normally one is impacting the others, but while the mp widget is a bit flakey, I haven't seen it do this.

Your approach is sound though, remove them one by one until you figure it out.

Make sure you have plenty of disk space in the system partitions.
All the listed widgets dissapear.

got over 70mb free in rootfs

thanks for correcting my mistake, moot i knew that, then again i knew it was 2010 when i loudly declared that august 2010 was over a year ago at work earlier ... i blame my lack of sleep due to n900 tweaking

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
look like this still happen to my n900.. anyone has a clue?

I am not sure if this is considered a widget but my flashlight app no longer shows up. I had the flashlight extra (the one that gives you a choice when opening the back lid between light and camera) I uninstalled that and even though flashlight is installed it no longer works.