Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Hi folks,

Here's my problem since yesterday: everytime the N9 locks and I unlock it either by double tapping or by double pressing the power button (using a tweak), instead of showing the wallpaper with some notifications, I only get a black screen. It's "active" black, i.e. the screen is actually powered (I see it shining if I look at it in the dark). The light sensor/proximity sensor does work, as I can hide/show the clock on Low Power Screen by putting my finger on the sensor.

To do anything, all I can do is to turn the device off, turn it on back and use it before it locks, which is very annoying (power consumption + time consumption as the N9 boot time is very long). It also makes me miss calls.

Of course the issue remains even after several reboots, full charge, full discharge, connection to PC, or anything else. On rare occasions, it does unlock normally, but it is very rare since yesterday and I could not find how to repeat the behavior. It seems that a Full Refresh with N9QTweak just after boot helps a little bit, but only for the few firsts locks/unlocks, after a while it will bug again.

Any idea on how to solve this issue? I'm sure I'm not the only one who experience this. It started while writing an email in the default application: the N9 suddenly got frozen and then rebooted, and here I am.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Kabouik

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You must have Tweak T installed from N9QTweak right? Could you describe which tweak you have exactly; i think an uninstallation and re-installation would be required to fix this...You can refer to the last 10 pages of the N9QTweak thread too; recently someone else had the issue too...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I actually had Coderus applets installed, but an old version (I didn't install anything since months, as I had no time to spend on the N9 in case of brick). It is weird it appeared out of the blue like that.

So I uninstalled T tweak (Coderus), got many errors because of permissions but eventually an "Uninstallation successful" prompt, rebooted, the applets were still here and functional, reinstalled the T tweak anyway, got again many permission errors (this time with no "success" prompt at the end of the process), and now it seems that the N9 correctly unlocks. I don't really understand but hey, it's better than before your message!

The problem is that I cannot actually update Coderus applets, but I guess I should ask in the N9QT or Coderus' threads. I won't try anything before I have time to fix the N9 in case anything gets wrong in the process.

Thanks Thedead1440, once again you saved my N9.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-12-03 at 12:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
No probs

Yeah i would suggest too wait with tinkering with it, if its working now, till a more opportune time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: