If you boot from a card (which is what happens if you follow that setup in the link) this card will not show up through USB. This will also be the case for a card where a file is open for some reason - the device can't both export the card through USB and use it locally at the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
If you boot from a card (which is what happens if you follow that setup in the link) this card will not show up through USB. This will also be the case for a card where a file is open for some reason - the device can't both export the card through USB and use it locally at the same time.
should still be ok seems i can copy to the removable sd card through usb then copy to the main internal sd as required using the filemanager

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by mrgreaper View Post
should still be ok seems i can copy to the removable sd card through usb then copy to the main internal sd as required using the filemanager
I do exactly that, but if you would rather not, see this.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by Tabster View Post

The best place for repositories is the list at http://www.gronmayer.com/it/
just don't add any duplicates and add the ones for the correct OS
great site went to it on my n800 and installed the repositries with ease thankyou next up i need to find how to nstall open transport tycoon i know iknow theres a search button

a few problems

ok i have installed dos box from a link here (well im typing on the laptop at mo but i used the n800 to install it through the built in browser)
now on the psp dosbox uses Dos Navigator Version 1.51 which loads up straight away and gives you a way to select games with out needing to use a key board
now i found [autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c ms0:/psp/dosbox
SYSOPT clock 333
c:
cd dn151\
dn.com

in the dosbox.conf on the psp but i cant find it on the n800 not even the dosbox folder !
and no mater what i press the virtual keyboard doesnt come up

2nd problem
i installed freeciv from a page on this site but when it loads all i can see is the title screen clicking anywhere does nothing if i click the cross it asks me if i want to quit so something must be right

open transport tycoon
again im no stranger to this i have it on my psp i had to copy files from my cd to the psp folder so i had the disc ready and figured id copy them to the sd card and then use the file manager to copy them to the application folder but again there is no application folder in the file manager

im thinking im missing something obviouse?

edit
fixed open ttd by creating a folder on mc1 called openttd and in that copyed data folder

rest still problematic

Last edited by mrgreaper; 2008-04-11 at 19:05.

If you install the OS on an SD card (say internal for the n800) aka mmc2. Can you still use extra memory like temporary RAM even if it's on the same mmc2 card?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

sorry chap ur asking the wrong guy , i didnt even know you could use mmc`s as ram ...me very blue still lol (only been a n800 owner 9 hours or so

Yes you can install virtual memory on the mmc even if you booting from the mmc, because it installs on the fat partition not the ext2 parititon that your booting off of. See my blog for full instructions on how to dual boot.

You can't use mmc as RAM, obviously, but you can extend your virtual memory by installing a swap file on any card - including one you happen to boot from.