Hi folks.

I am thinking of upgrading from my 770 to an 810, and wanted to know if there would be any drawbacks to this (besides the initial cost).

The main things I use my 770 for is:

1) DUN with my RAZR phone via bluetooth
2) Openvpn connection to work once dialed in
3) Xournal for taking notes
4) GPS mapping with maemo mapper

Does anyone know if all of this is supposed to work with the 810, specifically openvpn and xournal? Last I heard is that everything now needs to be recompiled for OS2008 for it to work properly.

I am also concerned about cracking that screen. The 770 has a nice hard case. It looks like the 810 comes with a soft case, and I don't see any hard cases available on nokia's site. Any comments?

Thanks.

Best place to check for availability of maemo apps (any version) is Gronmayer's :

http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...&system=maemo4

OpenVPN doesn't seem to be there yet, but as a console app it should be ported fairly quickly. Maemo mapper is avilable but not well tested on the N810 as of now, as Gnuite doesn't have his own unit yet. DUN over BT, of course, is just the same as on 770 or N800. The only real question is will Xournal be ported again, and when...

As for cases, there are several recent threads detailing third-party options (PSP cases, Case Logic, Otterbox...).

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: