Notices

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
the settings the tversity uses are propably those in the n800 profile because thats what I set in the tversity settings. <transcodeTarget audio="audio/mpeg" video="video/divx16" photo="image/jpeg" onlineAudio="audio/mpeg" onlineVideo="video/divx16" onlinePhoto="image/jpeg" />
<maxVideoInfo width="400" height="240" bitrate="640000" fps="30" />.
Of course it might also use the useragent that overrides the settings. tversity profile looks for these strings Maemo browser|neon|libcurl-agent on the useragent. Oh and I know it takes some time to start encode but it works very well on the mediastreamer and also in canola after the long wait, the video is fine but it just takes long time to start.

Just wanted to report that upnp-plugin works with mediatomb using tablet-encode to do the transcoding.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Hmm, I can see my MythTV 0.21 upnp server without problems. But when I browse to my recordings canola crashes...

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
lintweaker : MythTV is REALLY complicated. if you are trying to play videos.. well I don't think it will be easy. We did a couple of projects with mythTV (including maemoMyth, and other things) and the fact is that MytthTv uses it's own containers for videos, and sometimes the recordings are in a specific enconding not supported by us.

So that;'s why sibnce the beginning we don;'t support videos in mythTv at all :/

Maybe it will be complicated to support it in the future (we know this since canola1)

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Hi,

Playing songs on my N800 works, but there is no choice that I can use my control point as player (currently my PC), with media streamer it works.

Also seek doesn't work, ican't navigate in the songs.
That is the same behavious as the madia streamer.
(I use Twonky 4.4.5. maybe he is guilty in the system?)

General: I can't see the album cover of my MP3's.

Regards,
Erdal

Erdal : yes, indeed we cannot control yet. We had a full project (client, controller and server) but the resulting code is not good for release(too much memory, slow, etc) so we ran and did a basic support that is working.

If you need control point features... you need to use mediastreamer : /

Seek is not supported. Seek in the streaming media is REALLY more complicated than it sounds, so our focus is first on getting things solid.

Maybe yes twonky can make even more difficult to seek, but we are not testing it right now...

Covers from the UPNP? or locally?

did you install : canola-tuning-plugin , then entered the settings - media - update cover arts and thumbnails ?

Marcelo

I can't seem to see FLAC files in the UPNP plug-in. I'm using Mediatomb as a server, and they do not show up even with transcoding to WAV enabled.

Hi Mudhoney : we will take a look, but did you tested it with other players (like mediastreamer) ? We don't know if it will work.. can't you transconde to other format just to test?

MArcelo

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@mudhoney: This probably is related to Mediatomb, not the plugin - see the Mediatomb config file if flac files are defined as media files and supported.

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the great work on this update... running much faster !

Re: UPnP
I'm using "ushare" on my linux Mandriva box as my server. I can see the server in canola and browse the folders.

Problem 1:
after playing music from one folder, I can no longer see any media contents of any other folder. It still works fine in "MediaStreamer".

Problem 2:
I can browse my video folder (providing I haven't just played music from another folder... see above), but it plays any video file (encoded for the n800... MP4) as music instead of video. Have I missed a setting somewhere ?

Thanks
Stu