Posts: 6 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2018 @ Darwin NT
There is a 2.0.5.6 build on the mer OBS repo, but its OTA only. I ran repo sync last night and plan on crapping out a new hybris 12.1 based build tonight, or tomorrow night. I love Sailfish OS and I love being able to record video when I want to. Maybe it'll work great, maybe it won't boot, I'll snap, and i'll just run Android 4.4.4. Wish me luck friends.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GalaxyNinja66 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Hello people,

since today the sensors on my Nexus 5 with Sailfish 2.0.4 stopped working. Should I reflash the sensorfix? No auto-rotate, no auto-brightness etc.

EDIT: Solved flashing the sensorfix3.zip again

Last edited by claustn; 2018-09-01 at 16:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Finland
I tried to install CM12.1 based Sailfish OS on my Nexus 5 but I am stuck in bootloop. I can see the Google logo only. I have latest TWRP 3.2.3 and I also tried with 3.1.0 and 3.0.2 but same result. I can't install the pure CM12.1 Android either. However, I am able to install CM13 based Sailfish OS just fine with latest TWRP. Any idea how I could install CM12.1 Sailfish OS?

The Following User Says Thank You to Flash-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Hi. I did an cm12 installation today but only with TWRP 3.0.0 (need a special TWRP version for Ubuntu Touch). The installation went well. Please check the md5sum of you installation images...

md5sum of the images I use:
Code:
fddbf46d033946f48d1c37bf81e973bb  cm-12.1-20160704-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-nocheck.zip

e724d20170b3983c2f97e355388b1c5c  sailfishos-hammerhead-release-2.0.1.11-cm121-alpha1.zip
Also be aware that you need some fixes for the sensors on the Nexus5 on CM12&CM13. These fixes come in a separate sensorsfix3.zip file, that you can only flash if you use the TWRP version mentioned in the first post of this thread. Otherwise you will have to do the changes manually, copying the files after installation.

If you're using multirom, ensure that you're running an older version of recovery that supports the "Flash Zip" capability for Sailfish. This build is recommended: http://d-h.st/BzdC
Last not least: Currently the last working version of SailfishOS on the Nexus5-cm12-port is "SailfishOS 2.0.5.6 (Haapajoki)"

Cheers and Good Luck with SailfishOS on your Nexus5...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2016 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic View Post
I tried to install CM12.1 based Sailfish OS on my Nexus 5 but I am stuck in bootloop. I can see the Google logo only. I have latest TWRP 3.2.3 and I also tried with 3.1.0 and 3.0.2 but same result. I can't install the pure CM12.1 Android either. However, I am able to install CM13 based Sailfish OS just fine with latest TWRP. Any idea how I could install CM12.1 Sailfish OS?
Maybe complete wipe and then flash from PC the first official Android ROM for Nexus 5 from Google, then flash TWRP and then CM+SfOS. Last weekend I had same problem with bootloop on my Nexus 4 and I couldn't flash any ROM from TWRP or CWM (because of some error). I thought that it is a dead end and I can't rescue my phone. But then I found advice - flash from PC the first Android ROM from Google and it helped .

The Following User Says Thank You to kuba77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Yes I'm aware of Anbox, yes I'm looking into it, I'll be getting the sources and playing with it as soon as I get my dev machine sorted.
Hello, I know it was long time ago, but have not found any update on this one. Can you let me know the outcome of your anbox attempt, please? Did you managed to make it work on CM12.1 or CM13? If so, with what Sailfish version? (As far as I seen anbox requires X or xwayland but Sailfish has none of them. But maybe I am wrong.)

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNinja66 View Post
There is a 2.0.5.6 build on the mer OBS repo, but its OTA only. I ran repo sync last night and plan on crapping out a new hybris 12.1 based build tonight, or tomorrow night. I love Sailfish OS and I love being able to record video when I want to. Maybe it'll work great, maybe it won't boot, I'll snap, and i'll just run Android 4.4.4. Wish me luck friends.
Hello, I know it was a while ago but can you let me know the steps how you updated from 2.0.4.13 to 2.0.5.6, please? I have tried to follow the instruction from the main topic, but it always stuck at a package around 80% and after that I could never boot into the rom again. :-(

If you could let me know the main difference between 2.0.4.13 and 2.0.5.6 I would much appreciate that too!

Thank you.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

Have you tried to SSH into the device using usb after the reboot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

Have you tried to SSH into the device using usb after the reboot?
No, because the phone stuck at the Google logo and I thought the system was not started at all. I will try again.
What's the benefit of upgrading 2.0.4.13 to 2.0.5.6 by the way?
(Newer Qt5 libs or more stable system or new functions?) Thanks.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid