Originally Posted by amdmi3 View Post
Thank you! May I get your contacts to ping you directly for packaging following releases?
Done

Originally Posted by amdmi3 View Post
Could you send/post errors? Plain autoreconf worked for me
Seems I now got it working, maybe I had some old files hanging before 'git pull'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
in this thread, there is a porting of maep on sailfish. as osm2go is using maep in his core for tile rendering, may be interesting to follow that developing. maybe for collaboration in some bugfixing...they fixed the user-agent issue too

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
can somebody post a couple of nice wms servers for satelite imagery the deafult nasa one not working for me as its downloading nothing

and how do i go fullscreen in osm2go

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
itried nothing seems to happen i cant get wms to work like the bing imagery i get when the web frontend is used it would be better if google earth or something else could be used as i found out the bing imagery here is at least 4 years old poor osm

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
you cannot use google/teleatlas/navteq or other copyrighted images to draw osm maps...only authorized one like Bing or Mapbox. Have you tried to set up your own wms server for Bing?

btw i tried to add an italian wms authorized to be used for osm but it doesnt load images i attache the output in terminal with errors as txt file if anybody can figure out whats the problem
(it works fine in josm)
Attached Files
File Type: txt WmsOsm2go.txt (5.7 KB, 360 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
you cannot use google/teleatlas/navteq or other copyrighted images to draw osm maps...only authorized one like Bing or Mapbox. Have you tried to set up your own wms server for Bing?

btw i tried to add an italian wms authorized to be used for osm but it doesnt load images i attache the output in terminal with errors as txt file if anybody can figure out whats the problem
(it works fine in josm)
i just wanted to get it going thanks for reminding it for me osm =obsolute street maps as it was just like a blank paper in my area nor it got any creditable data in the city long back but now most major things are coverd sparcely at least i fired up osm a week back to see what editing is like so created one account and to my amazement its damm easy and my edits were actually showing up on the main map and also in osm apps like modrana i turned the blank paper to an essay in just a week with only a few minuts of editing everyday i am just wonderingwhat was holding anyone from editing previously i suspect its just lack of any proper info on the subject

how do i draw waterbodies buildings etc in osm2go ? though i can edit very nicely with my stylus previously created things in potlach

how do i get more realestate by golng fullscreen or is it not supported ? the panels should be a bit thinner hideable or transparent that way it would be more efficent

Originally Posted by CRCulver View Post
This is now getting very off-topic, but I would expect you to be aware of the fact that most mobile OpenStreetMap development is done on Android devices. At my local OSM meetings, I'm seen as somewhat out of touch, because my N900 is unable to run many of the standard OSM tools and useful new applications like ScoutSigns and Mapillary. Furthermore, OSM2GO is abandonware, it uses many deprecated OSM tags, and and there is no guarantee that it will be able to upload edits to OSM for much longer. And far from feeling that the N900 touchscreen is perfection, I've often struggled with locating an OSM point precisely.

The Neo900 would be nice as a “real Linux phone”, but I don’t think its userbase will be anywhere near large to replace many old, abandoned projects like OSM2GO with working and reliable new versions. And with the low screen resolution, even trying to use desktop applications through the power of “real Linux” isn’t an attractive prospect, as those who have to work with OpenOffice or Firefox on the N900 can attest.
kind of same itch
osm should be a bit more morden

unavailablity of undo option is a real nuiance when things get messed up

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Well done nokiabot for trying to make your local coverage less "sparse"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, osm2go