Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
i have been unable to login to my facebook chat on my phone anymore it keeps just saying "authentication failed" if i try to re-add the account i will get the message or user name or password incorrect is there any way to fix this?

I am getting the same problem!

Just use chat on fMobi. It's lighter on both the battery and CPU.

Same problem aswell...

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Same. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a problem on Facebooks end.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Am I the only one having this problem right now? I don't usually log-in to facebook chat but now that I was supposed to use it I found that I can't log-in... anybody? Thanks!

edit: I already have libcurl3. I deleted my account on the phone thinking I can add it again but when I did it says that I have the wrong username/password... any idea? Thanks again!

edit2: Fixed my own problem. Seems like some conflict with saved passwords in MicroB (not confirmed, just a hunch because my wife borrowed my phone recently to check her facebook account). I cleared saved passwords in the browser then tried to add my facebook account and I was able to log in successfully. Hope this helps those who face similar problems.

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-06-19 at 15:15.

how about chat error display at browser n900 after install libcurl3. previusly its oke before i install that libcurl3 someone please help me whats going wrong? tks

again facebook IM chat stop working:
user name or password incorrect
grrrrrr, any solution?

facebook IM chat works for me excelent

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vlaardingen, Netherlands
I have this problem sometimes as well, both on n900 as well as on PC (linux telepathy/kde), it seems to help to enter the password again (athough I never changed it) with or without starting with upper case first letter

Tags
facebook, maemo