Notices

Trying to do my first jailbreak on a 60gb ps3 running 3.30, that doesn't have a bluray drive connected.
I'm using psfreedom on my n900 which should just be plug and play all i have to do is

turn ps3 off at switch
turn on ps3
press power then eject within 0.2 sec
and it should install hermes 3.41 or pl3 depending on my selection
but it just has a green light on the ps3 and nothing else happens, the light is red on the phone and the mass storage screen comes up. I left it over 10mins and nothing happens

sorry. a NOOB question. what are we going to achieve by jailbreaking a ps3????

Can someone explain me how to use this app?
I extracted Psfreedom-n900-1.1.tar.gz.tar to MyDocs folder, and when i start Jailbreak mode but it gives me error that it can't find psfreedom.ko file.

@MohammadAG:
I have only a litte problem, as I have running the power46-wl1 kernel (bleeding edge one, not the normal power46) and PSFreedom can't find the module, which I think is dynamicly linked after clicking pl3-/hermes-button. I tried to add a folder power46-wl1 in each module, but I think it is hardcoded omap1 / power46.

Any chance to get the sources or to make it support different modulefolders?

I am still unsing 3.41 on my PS3, and most time I need PSfreedom for updating my showtime builds.

Edit:
OK, I can run insmod on my own for loding one of the power46 modules and your tool recognizes it and is using it without problems, so there is a workaround available for me.

Last edited by meShell; 2012-01-07 at 13:49.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by meShell View Post
I am still unsing 3.41 on my PS3, and most time I need PSfreedom for updating my showtime builds.
Dongles are obsolete, grab Kmeaw or Rebug, flag the console with Advanced QA, then you can freely downgrade and upgrade up to 3.55.

If I were you, I'd get a hardware flasher right now.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Dongles are obsolete, grab Kmeaw or Rebug, flag the console with Advanced QA, then you can freely downgrade and upgrade up to 3.55.

If I were you, I'd get a hardware flasher right now.
tell it to true blue =)

Maybe in furure I will upgrade to higher FW,
but for now I feel very comfortable with 3.41 and flashing always means a little risk to brick, and until now I never needed a higher FW. And showtime runs without any dongle, so as I told I only need it for installing a new showtime version. I try to prevent upgrading until I really need to for now

Of course I understand that it is even more comfortable that I wouldn't need any dongle anymore.

@meShell
Just wondering how did you workaround your kernel version in order to make psfreedom to work. I'm currently using power49 and as you mentioned MAG's psfreedom has links harcoded, so even renaming folders wouldnt help much.I would appreciate your feedback thanx

Originally Posted by meShell View Post
@MohammadAG:
I have only a litte problem, as I have running the power46-wl1 kernel (bleeding edge one, not the normal power46) and PSFreedom can't find the module, which I think is dynamicly linked after clicking pl3-/hermes-button. I tried to add a folder power46-wl1 in each module, but I think it is hardcoded omap1 / power46.

Any chance to get the sources or to make it support different modulefolders?

Edit:
OK, I can run insmod on my own for loding one of the power46 modules and your tool recognizes it and is using it without problems, so there is a workaround available for me.

IF anybody out there knows how to solve this issue I would much appreciate it..I just spent last 4 hrs looking for solution on here as well as google. No luck...Thing is I'm running power49 and I didnt use psfreedom for almost a year now. I tried to use it today and I'm getting"insmod: can't read '/opt/psfreedom/modules/psfreedom.ko"

Dont want to mess around with downgrading kernel just to have psfreedom to work again. I know there are much better ways to jailbreak ps3 these days, but I would like to stick to psfreedom. Thanx