Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
MP3, AAC, and Ogg Streams work just fine.
While I can play indeed an AAC-stream, the load is too high: mplayer uses 50% according to top, so when I want to to something else while playing the stream, the sound stutters. But that seems to be a problem with mplayer, because the load is equally high while executing "mplayer http://somafm.com/groovesalad48.pls" in xterm.
The same stream playing with the Nokia mediaplayer adds nearly no additional load. (btw. mplayer-1.0rc1-maemo.23.n800)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
MediaBox seems nice, it does many things fairly well. I'm having a problem right away, however. I cannot seem to get all the thumbnails loaded. MediaBox crashes (disappears entirely) when "Looking for media files" after adding a new folder, and then, no matter how often I try to refresh, much of my media (photos, videos, etc) has no thumbnails, just blank white boxes for photos or black filmstrip for videos.

EDIT: Figured it out! My internal RAM is almost used up. The ~/.thumbnails dir was running out of space. I created a folder on one of my internal cards (mkdir /media/mmc2/thumbs), copied all of my thumbnails over (cp -R .thumbnails/* /media/mmc2/thumbs), deleted the .thumbnails dir (rm -r .thumbnails) and made a soft link to my media card dir instead (ln -s /media/mmc2/thumbs .thumbnails).

Last edited by qole; 2008-03-04 at 00:31. Reason: Found my own solution