Active Topics

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Singapore
as per titled. was wondering if the screens for both are identical?

thanks

Looking at both - they appear different. The N770 kindof shimmers and is nowhere near as clear as the N800.

Resolution is the same but the 770 appears grainier like old film grain.

The 800 seems much brighter, no apparent grain, the color seems more accurate (looking at 770 now seems to have more yellow tint... while the 800 more true tint)... and finally if i had to guess i would say they turned on antialiasing which is supported by the video chip.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
They are different. Visual quality is different and manufacturer and board connector is also different. It seems one cannot put N800 screen module to N770 so sadly we have to live with that grainy touchscreen.
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
looking at 770 now seems to have more yellow tint... while the 800 more true tint
Had 5 different N770 devices in hand and the yellow tint is different device from device, some are really yellow, some almost white. The one with best white (my own one from 2005) have better white than my N800 (which looks a bit pink).
Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
and finally if i had to guess i would say they turned on antialiasing which is supported by the video chip.
Maybe they improved font rendering in OS2007 but it is not related to lcd or video chip.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.