Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/
I updated my original post, please re-read it.

Last edited by ioioio; 2009-11-05 at 20:44.

Don't buy from Dell Home.

I found a better deal

go to Dell Small Business and buy from them apply "9PD$33PJFL5P21"

it will become $441.99

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sevdali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
You can get it as cheap as $441 with a coupon that expires Nov 6 if you aren't in a taxable state (Texas is taxable).

http://dealnews.com/Unlocked-Nokia-N...redir=1&ref=tw

Sub-total $441.99
Shipping & Handling $7.99
Shipping & Handling Discount -$7.99
Tax* $36.46

Total Price $478.45

It says delivery date of Dec 10.

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to fphillips For This Useful Post:
Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.
I hope it is the case that they don't want people to be calling them asking "where their N900" is... which is why they setup such a date. In any case, I'm saving about $100 by switching from mobilecityonline. com. My question is are they charging my account for the pre-order or they wait until the device actually arrives at their warehouse..

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.
I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)

Originally Posted by NewEgg.com
Newegg charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax for any order shipping to California, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to California and Tennessee are calculated before any instant savings are applied.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.
Hahahaha... so true ..wise one :> You have my vote!!!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)
Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!!

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!!
Hmm......... the catch might be longer delivery dates from DELL :>

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by radiowc View Post
Hmm......... the catch might be longer delivery dates from DELL :>
Maybe. Or maybe Dell will ship sooner.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard