Notices

reboot it, still no icon.

i can unison on n900 terminal; i usually unison from my pc or laptop, works for me.

thanks.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by strank View Post
I just compiled unison for the N900, basically untested, so no warranties and all... just a unison binary, text-ui only:

Code:
~ user@StrankN900 $ unison -version
unison version 2.38.5
(Note the version number, you need a unison with 2.38.x on the other end!)
I've just started to want try Unison. Has it been added to a repository anywhere, or is this still the only source? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I don't think so, due to it being written in OCaml/LablGTK

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I don't think so, due to it being written in OCaml/LablGTK
Just the command line part would be good for me .
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Its still in OCaml

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Its still in OCaml
Right, got it. All you have to do is point that out to me three or four times, it'll finally sink in . TX

Not that its not possible to get it in extras-devel, but it will remain there and I don't want to get OCaml in the repo, prefer someone more knowledgeable in that area to do it properly.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Hopefully someone rewrites it using something more mainstream like PyGTK or pyqt

How are you guys handling the problem of "different versions"?

You have a versio on your desktop and and older version on the N900. They don't talk to each other...

I have even suggested the author (upstream) to try to handle this situation, but I don't even know if he has read my message.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
How are you guys handling the problem of "different versions"?

You have a versio on your desktop and and older version on the N900. They don't talk to each other...

I have even suggested the author (upstream) to try to handle this situation, but I don't even know if he has read my message.
In order for unison client and server to talk to each other, the minor version has to match (for my binary posted above: 2.38). The reason for a version change is usually a change in the network protocol and/or unison-internal files.

In practice, that means that you need to update unison on all your machines at the same time, and that's also why I prefer a single binary on my local path rather than a repository where selecting a specific version is not intuitive. Not that I would mind if someone manages to get an automated build infrastructure for OCaml+GTK working...

Tags
cloud sync, maemo 5