Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Digging around a bit, this is likely the info you did not really want to read:
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/patch...-in-koli-4-0-1
tl;dr
Patchmanager is not working on 4.0 but possibly fixable by installing a different busybox-symlinks-bash afaiu.
But i am not eager to try since my setup runs nicely and i fear to break things :P
It did not worked for me but maybe i did something wrong

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Yes, that definitely looks like I'm staying on 3.4 for now. No hurry necessary on my side. My phone works quite well at the moment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Digging around a bit, this is likely the info you did not really want to read:
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/patch...-in-koli-4-0-1
tl;dr
Patchmanager is not working on 4.0 but possibly fixable by installing a different busybox-symlinks-bash afaiu.
But i am not eager to try since my setup runs nicely and i fear to break things :P
I don't remember all of the details, but I got it working pretty easily following the instructions. I think it took a feq minutes of tinkering on the phone...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
It did not worked for me but maybe i did something wrong
juat these 2 steps:
1 - https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/patch...-0-1/4925/40?u

2 - https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/patch...-0-1/4925/43?u

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Oh, there is 4.0 for the Pro¹. Bundyo was keen to update very early in Feb even afair. You could anytime OTA from 3.4 to 4.0 nowadays.
It's great that all the pro1 work goes on in a walled garden, otherwise some ordinary users might find out this sort of secret information

I don't see any point worrying about the future of SFOS, as I honestly don't believe it has one...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fooxl View Post
I upgraded from Xperia X to XA2 expecting less issues, but I'm rather disappointed and never was less motivated contributing to SFOS.
I do not have any issues with the XA2 and SFOS 4.1.

What issues do you have?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
It's great that all the pro1 work goes on in a walled garden, otherwise some ordinary users might find out this sort of secret information

I don't see any point worrying about the future of SFOS, as I honestly don't believe it has one...
Why are you so frustrated? There is no walled garden regarding the Pro1 work. If you are really interested to get these information you can find this information. Many things are discussed on discord. Not my platform.But if I really want to get infos or help i can get it there most of the time very quickly.

The problem in this regard was more me. I haven't had really an urge to update, otherwise i would have looked how to make an update correctly and/or would have asked. I'm all in all pleased with sailfish 3.4 running on my device. There isn't much to tinker around. and that's most of the time a good sign. Even if that means that it is getting a little bit boring

Regarding the future of sailfish: There's life in the old dog yet!
Who knows what future brings....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Mödling
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
I do not have any issues with the XA2 and SFOS 4.1.

What issues do you have?
* phone calls app gets unresponsive (very rarely, but happens)
* main camera sometimes (~50%) doesn't turn on (have to switch to front and back again)
* GPS is slow and unreliable
* the sd card only mounts every 2nd time booting the phone since 4.0
* it's the only device on my network, which doesn't get a new IP address on my home network after some time in standby.
* bluetooth in my car (Renault) is a true PITA. On X at least the phone connection was reliable.

...to be continued...

EDIT:

* new camera pics sometimes don't show up (or are append to the end)

EDIT 2:
* sometimes after reboot, the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. so i can't unlock the encrypted container (home)
* in aliendalvik I often can't move the cursor (correcting text). In fact the cursor is movable, but jumps back to previous position on typing.

Last edited by fooxl; 2021-05-17 at 15:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fooxl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That happens to me too from time to time (about 1 in 20).
Any pic, not just camera. Copied onto the phone, downloaded, email attachment...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
* phone calls app gets unresponsive (very rarely, but happens)
* main camera sometimes (~50%) doesn't turn on (have to switch to front and back again)
* GPS is slow and unreliable
* the sd card only mounts every 2nd time booting the phone since 4.0
* it's the only device on my network, which doesn't get a new IP address on my home network after some time in standby.
* bluetooth in my car (Renault) is a true PITA. On X at least the phone connection was reliable.

...to be continued...

EDIT:

Of these issues, so far I only encountered the first - but realy very rarely (it must be months ago, now). I am using an XA2 on 4.1 as my daily driver and I am quite happy since I have less issues with the XA2 than I have with the iPhone X which I use only rarely and which gives me a lot of trouble including loss of virtual keyboard etc.

I have no bluetooth problems with any headphone yet and also none in the car (VW). SDcard mounts reliably. When starting GPS, it takes a minute or two (this is long, if you are in a hurry) but then it's quick and reliable. I mainly use the Advanced Cam and sometimes have problems. However, using the Jolla cam did not cause any problems yet.

It realy makes me wonder why the user experiences are so different

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post: