Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yes!
Also the Vibration issue has been pinpointed.
Adam advised me to remove nemo from system group after the update since "thats how its done nowadays on sfos" and was related to solve the issue.
That only applies to users who upgraded via zypper.
In recent flashable images this was already done.

So after update, check
Code:
groups nemo
If nemo is in system, remove with
Code:
gpasswd -d nemo system
or edit /etc/group manually.

Others might elaborate more competent on why (or if at all) that is necessary and its exact implications

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Mine is not in system, only in sailfish-system.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The update should have fixed vibration (which otherwise could be fixed by disabling AD autoboot) and BT calls. Check Github #36 for details about the vibration issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, BT calls work for me - I did several in the car today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Working BT

Pro1 now has everything on my personal 'want' list. (Maybe I'm an undemanding user?)

My grateful thanks for the efforts to Adam and all of the porters working on this!

I was forced to use an Android tablet several times last week, it only reminded me just how superior SFOS is in every aspect I care about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Just to check what others are seeing...

Blutooth audio in call is working beautifully.

Neither of my headsets allows me to answer or hangup a call. (I haven't yet tried it in the car.) I just get a low beep tone when I press the button.

Just me, or is this a general issue?

Honestly, I don't much care - having my hands free in-call is a huge win for me. (Callers can witter on as long as they like without stopping me from getting on with 'stuff'.) Will be more tricky in the car of course.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
How do I update?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Feel free to post here or in the comments of the gist what issues you've encountered, maybe there's something we can improve. The guide is not perfect, I spotted multiple things that would require more precision already, but so far was too lazy to update it thoroughly. However I did multiple backups and restorations over the week-end and can confirm it works, you can even restore a backup from one Proš to another Proš if you rename the TWRP folder to match the name of the second Proš (using "fastboot devices" to get its name).

It's possible that the issue you've encountered was with backing up the hybris-boot.img, and couldn't go further. There was a change in the permissions of this file over later updates and it couldn't be backed up the way it was initially written in the guide; that part has been updated now.
It worked this time. Unfortunately I don't know anymore what went wrong the last time. I backuped the hybris-boot.img using mc and Dolphin.
What I found somewhat irritating was your path on the computer for the flashing commands, with all the backslashes in it. Anyway I have now a backup. Thanx for your manual!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Glad it worked! I have had one case lately where a working backup was not properly restored, and just trying again in TWRP worked. I have no clue what caused this, but that can be scary when you see that the backup you count on fails to restore. Fortunately it worked eventually.

You're absolutely right, I should edit that to make it more generic. So far I just found it so useful for my own use case where I can just copy/paste that I didn't change that, but definitely I should do it eventually. Maybe I could set an environment variable somewhere so that anyone can set the path they want and then just copy/paste.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os