Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
without proper support from SONY or qualcomm or who ever makes the components that are problematic this will never be a little more than just a community port. With dalvik. But that's about it. Sad as it is, but that's the reality of sailfish today.
Any SA guy to share some info how it is with Jala Accione. AFAIK, that one also comes with android by default. Did anyone even install sailfish on it?
What about Inoi? I only see tablet listed with sailfish.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Any SA guy to share some info how it is with Jala Accione. AFAIK, that one also comes with android by default. Did anyone even install sailfish on it?
There is a guy on TJC that bought Accione P with sfos preinstalled for his company, seems to work ok but no mention of details.
I am still trying to get a reply from Jala how to flash sailfish without going to bolivia...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
anyone else having gps problems?

I'm consistently finding that all mapping apps locate me about 100 miles east of my acual position.

All three major map apps from aptoide (maps.me, etc, etc), and maep from storeman.
All combinations of GPS options in settings (standard and custom).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
anyone else having gps problems?

I'm consistently finding that all mapping apps locate me about 100 miles east of my acual position.
Nope, works fine here (3.0.3.10, XA2). Both native (Pure maps, OSM Scout) and Android (PhoneTrack).

Have you tried pure GNSS in settings, without using online services?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
never really managed to get the GPS to work without additional services; "maybe you are in a building or a tunnel".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
never really managed to get the GPS to work without additional services; "maybe you are in a building or a tunnel".
The online service might be wrong, as it is crowd sourced. In the beginning, it did take quite a while to get a proper GNSS fix. The GPSInfo app in the store can tell how many satellites are in view and are being used. Being under open skies certainly helps, although I get reception now even indoors.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: