Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Modulok View Post
I tried the Hacker Edition and it look very good and it feels much faster than OS 2006.
The question is only what I can install on it. I was not able to install the enhanced osso-xterm because liaux0 was missing. This lib was not needed for the OS 2006. I tried offline since I have no wlan at home.
Enhanced xterm worked fine for me with OS 2007/770 - did you install from the Bora repository? It was the first app that I installed so should install without a problem on a freshly flashed device.

Would someone with OS2007on770 mind testing Maemo Mapper to see if it works in that environment? I imagine you have to install it from the bora repository (as opposed to the gregale repo)... Just knowing that it installs and starts up (with a blank screen) is fine. Map downloading and bluetooth GPS receiver communication would be a bonus, if possible.

Thank you in advance.

gnuite,
Thank you for your masterpiece and I’m really surprised that you are still interested in such “rare species” as OS2007on770.

Mapper was the third application installed on OS2007on770 (after becomeroot and xterm). Installation for 1.4.2-5 went fine and everything but “second bonus” works OK. (I’ve tested map downloading for Googlemap only).

Unfortunately maemo-mapper is exited with “Invalid instruction” error in the following cases:
- successful connect to BT-GPS;
- load stored track or route;

Sorry, did not test much further, because looks like it is FPU instruction caused application exit.

Originally Posted by serge48 View Post
Unfortunately maemo-mapper is exited with “Invalid instruction” error in the following cases:
- successful connect to BT-GPS;
- load stored track or route;

Sorry, did not test much further, because looks like it is FPU instruction caused application exit.
anybody got any further with this?

wow
i am using my n770 everyday quite heavy and i am impressed how stable it is with the os2007 hacker edition!
i will be very happy if nokia will continue the os2007 hacker edition!

thanks a lot
Rachid

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Just to make sure before trying. I now have boot menu on latest 2006, with latest 2006 on MC. Can I simply flash 2007 hacker edition, install boot menu, and start 2007 on internal flash and, if needed, 2006 OS from MC?

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Would someone with OS2007on770 mind testing Maemo Mapper to see if it works in that environment? I imagine you have to install it from the bora repository (as opposed to the gregale repo)... Just knowing that it installs and starts up (with a blank screen) is fine. Map downloading and bluetooth GPS receiver communication would be a bonus, if possible.

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, I did'nt notice your post.

Yes, I tested maemo mapper with OS2007 HE on N770:
it works fine with 1.4.4-2 while 1.4.4-3 segfaults at start.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
Just to make sure before trying. I now have boot menu on latest 2006, with latest 2006 on MC. Can I simply flash 2007 hacker edition, install boot menu, and start 2007 on internal flash and, if needed, 2006 OS from MC?
Yes, you can. Or you can just extract rootfs from .bin image and flash it via linux flasher. When done like this you don't even lose the menu.

Last edited by fanoush; 2007-03-30 at 16:42.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yes, you can. Or you can just extract rootfs from .bin image and flash it via linux flasher. When done like this you don't even lose the menu.
thanks Fanoush. Extracted rootfs and flashed it. At first sight hacker version seems pretty nice

video streaming (from Twonky) with Canola seems not to be working

Last edited by mrp; 2007-04-01 at 07:58.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Anyone tried something SDL based on this? Tried scummvm and it crashes when initializing sound
Code:
 ~ $ /usr/games/scummvm
dsp_protocol_open_node(): Could not open pcm device file /dev/dsptask/pcm3
WARNING: Can not find theme config file 'modern.ini'!
WARNING: Could not initialize your preferred theme, falling back to classic style!
Looking for sky
Trying to start game 'Beneath a Steel Sky'
dsp_protocol_open_node(): Could not open pcm device file /dev/dsptask/pcm3
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
~
It it just me or it really doesn't work? What about other SDL based apps?