Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Hi guys,

Since the last reboot my N810 wont give me access to its internal memory. There is no sign of the card in the Filemanager and when plugging the tablet in with usb it says there are no cards avaiable (no card in external slot). The card still has the /dev/mmcblk0(p1) device files, but trying to access these with for example fsck or mkfs from the terminal (as root) only results in the program hanging and nothing else happening. If anyone has an idea on how to make the internal memory accessible again please tell me! Also if you need any more infos tell me which an I will post it.

EDIT: Solved by reflashing (see post #6)

Greetings
seiichiro

Last edited by seiichiro0185; 2008-11-17 at 08:37.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
could the card have lost its partition table? if possible, put it into a USB card reader, insert into a linux box, do "fdisk -l" and see if it reports a drive with no or a corrupted partition. then use "fdisk /dev/sdX" and delete/recreate the partition, then format the new partition with "mfs.vfat /dev/sdX1".

YMMV. actions taken at own risk. blah blah.

Well since its the internal "card" of an N810 its not really possible to put it into an USB-Reader. I already tried to use sfdisk on the tablet itself, but that only resulted in a hanging sfdisk. Also mmcblk0p1 is still there, so it seems that there is a partition on the internal memory. Thanks anyway for your answer.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
d'oh, ok.

could you try overwriting the partition table completely using "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 count=16" and then using fdisk?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Actually you can partition the internal memory from linux using the USB.

You also might try gparted on the tablet

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...40&postcount=1
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Thanks both of you for your answer. unfortunalety I had absolutely no access to the internal memory, all programs including dd and gparted would just hang while trying to access /dev/mmcblk0.

Since I'm going on a trip today and need my N810 for that I tried the radical approach and did a complete reflash (Had not to old backups in place). For some reason this helped and my internal memory is back to normal, including all data that was on there is still there and seem to be ok. So for now the issue is solved, although I don't know what caused the problem and why flashing solved it.