Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Since the update, every time I reboot my N800 OM Weather background defaults to black and in "update" tab the Auto update box is unchecked.

[QUOTE=vasvlad;236412]That is true. Thank you for your help. I will fix it tomorrow.
Dear users please tell about the various errors in bugtruck on the homepage of the project

the errors were unknown since after reboot the screen remain white with the logo impossible to get to the desktop, as said above the settings were the same before the update hope you find what went wrong with some of us and thanks for this useful app.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

It is certainly reassuring to know that others had similar problems. My original problem was as others described, reboot brought up a black, blank screen. I did originally have the internal temperature box checked to show on the screen. Even prior to the update, OMweather would turn off all my other gadgets on the startup screen, so it was set not to display in the applets. I really hope that the bugs are fixed, it is a great application. I hope the developers will announce when it has been updated and ready for safe release.

Meanwhile, I have been running fine since reflashing and adding back all of my previous programs with the exception of OMweather.

the new updates ver 0.21:4 has solve much of the problems and i am again enjoying this good soft.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-10-25 at 20:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
I have OM Weather ver 0.21.4 and still get the black backround whenever I reboot. Perhaps you can set the default backround to light blue, then you will not get black (foreground) on black (background).

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I have OM Weather ver 0.21.4 and still get the black backround whenever I reboot. Perhaps you can set the default backround to light blue, then you will not get black (foreground) on black (background).
This is very strange. Tell me do you have normal background after calling window popup of Omweather?

Vlad.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Hmm, do you think that the wind directions should be adopted to the LOCALE setting? So that the abbreviations are shown in the native language?

(I'd happily provide one for Dutch.)

Vlad - I have normal backround after calling window popup. Also, I left the font color at black but I did change the font to Sans 18.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm, do you think that the wind directions should be adopted to the LOCALE setting? So that the abbreviations are shown in the native language?

(I'd happily provide one for Dutch.)
Omweather has i18n and it ready for various localization. If you want to make Dutch locale for this project join us.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/omweather/

Vlad.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Omweather has i18n and it ready for various localization. If you want to make Dutch locale for this project join us.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/omweather/

Vlad.
I'm referring to the Regional Settings not the Device Settings (Language). So, for example, while NE is correct in English for North East in my language it'd be NO. Because I'm able to pick Metric instead of Imperial (or well, Celsius instead of Fahrenheit) it makes sense the wind directions are also adjustable but I'm not even sure this is part of the Regional Settings...?