Someone please help, I'm freaking out! I followed the directions to a T to upgrade my internet tablet, and I got a message saying the update failed, possible due to a faulty USB cable/port. My USB port and Nokia USB cable have always worked fine.

So, I unplugged my N800 from the USB port, and now it is in a constant state of reboot! It keeps trying to start up, but everytime the blue bar gets to the end, it restarts again. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in again to no avail. I don't know what to do, and I paid a lot of money for this tablet, so I really appreciate any help to resolve this!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Start up holding down the Home key with USB plugged in, then plug in the charger once it's started flashing.

Thanks! It did the same thing when I followed your directions, I think it may because the battery is low. So I am going to charge it and then try again.

UPDATE: It seems to be charging ok

Last edited by valia; 2008-09-11 at 01:48.

THANK YOU! After charging my N800, I connected it to my computer again, ran the software update wizard with the Diablo 0S2008 package I downloaded from the dev site, and it's working now!

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

I just had the problem that the update software crashed during the process and my tablet simply won't start anymore. But thanks to your directions my tablet is on the road again!

Thank you so much!