Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Fonts are needed only for Mapnik backend (modRana)
I really need to finally add Mapnik Native GL support for map rendering to modRana. And other things, such as working online router. :P

Have been traveling quite a bit this summer, but hopefully should be able to have some progress during this autumn.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Towards the end of the upcoming week, I am going to release new version with updated Valhalla lib. This is going to be synced with the distribution of the maps, as Valhalla 3.x is incompatible with Valhalla 2.x which is used by you now. At least for now, public transport data is not imported into Valhalla database, I will have to look if its possible now.

So, while I have been testing it for 10 days and going to test a bit more, there is a possibility that something will go wrong. If you have upcoming trip and prefer not to risk, download your maps in advance. I will notify when the map update process will start

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
The disturbance with the maps started. I expect that the new maps will be on the servers in 24-36 hours, unless something unexpected happens.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Release 1.15.0 is out.

The main change is an update to Valhalla 3.0.8. Now we are again in sync with Valhalla releases and the issues that we find with the router can be filed upstream. This change was delayed due to the non-compatible database formats. So, as soon as you update the server, you would have to update maps. Note that if you need new maps, these are distributed only in the new Valhalla format.

To get Valhalla 3 running, I had to use gcc6 compiler. This is in conflict with launcher boosters as used by SFOS. So, starting up is significantly slower. Its gonna be fixed when Jolla will update gcc - this is in works and is expected in 2020. Till that, patience.

DBus API has been enhanced to support DBus activation and lookup for used IP address. Could be handy in future.

Few bugfixes have landed and translations were updated (thanks goes to all translators!).

Enjoy!

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Release 1.15.0 is out.
Hey rinigus,

thank you for this update.

I realized, that public transport routing in Vienna/Austria stopped working.

Before the update I could find routes with public transport (bus, metro, tram), with OSMSS 1.15 PM tells me "no results".

Greetings,
BGK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Hey rinigus,

thank you for this update.

I realized, that public transport routing in Vienna/Austria stopped working.

Before the update I could find routes with public transport (bus, metro, tram), with OSMSS 1.15 PM tells me "no results".

Greetings,
BGK
IIUC rinigus warned about this in post 712 when he gave us a heads-up about the update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
IIUC rinigus warned about this in post 712 when he gave us a heads-up about the update.
Thanks pacman, didn't notice that post, but I can confirm that rinigus' warning came true...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
The issue is that tile format changed with Valhalla 3, which also changed format of transit data. So, I have to get that data again. As transit data is obtained from transit.land, its a separate import. Last time, it took a month or more to download it. Let's see if we are luckier this time...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
As transit data is obtained from transit.land, its a separate import. Last time, it took a month or more to download it. Let's see if we are luckier this time...
Ah, didn't know this. Until now I thought OSMSS is using the public transport data of OpenStreetMap...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
New release is out - 1.15.5

Its mainly about updated translations (thank you translators!) and adjustments mainly targeting packagers on other distributions. The server now will hide options and datasets if support for some particular backend(s) was not selected by packagers. That should allow first to roll out the server with the reduced dependencies if desired.

I was hesitating to release it on Sailfish, but decided to go for it due to translation updates. Note that the changes may have introduced some bugs. Let me know if it happened.

As for maps updates, I plan to start importing them this weekend. Will probably take 2 weeks from that to get all datasets in order. Hopefully, transit tiles will be ready as well (downloading them now), but cannot promise that.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles