Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Some more data points. When I try to start the OSM Scout server from the command line, it fails with message similar to the one seen previously in journal:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
But I still can start it just fine via the icon, even though it has the same thing in it's desktop file I have run:

Code:
[root@Sailfish nemo]# cat /usr/share/applications/harbour-osmscout-server.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
X-Nemo-Application-Type=silica-qt5
Icon=harbour-osmscout-server
Exec=harbour-osmscout-server
Name=OSM Scout Server

# translation example:
# your app name in German locale (de)
#
# Remember to comment out the following line, if you do not want to use
# a different app name in German locale (de).
#Name[de]=osmscout-server

X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.23
I guess invoker could be related to this somehow ?

And the second data point, when I start the OSM Scout Server app manually then start modRana and use a OSM Scout Server provided map layer, the OSM Scout Server app crashes and no tiles are rendered. Journal has this:

Code:
Apr 26 14:08:01 Sailfish lipstick[1691]: *** stack smashing detected ***: /usr/bin/harbour-osmscout-server terminated
Apr 26 14:08:01 Sailfish mapplauncherd[3046]: Boosted process (pid=29313) was terminated due to signal 6
Apr 26 14:08:01 Sailfish invoker[29354]: error: Can't send signal 6 to application [29313]: No such process

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Pure Maps was rightly configured. The problem was the OSM Scout profil. On the Jolla1, the one which has the most accurate maps (the one next to the default profil) doesn't work. I have tested the others and they all work.

Thank you, it's better with the log output. With the second profile, I have errors about Mapbox GL backend disabled by the selected profile.
In addition, on the OSM Scout server cover, it is always written "Inactive" even when requests are performed to it and answered.
Now I have everything more or less working, but the maps are slow to load in Pure maps. But I think that's related to the Jolla old hardware.
The second profile, as it says in the name, is for classical raster tiles (modRana, older Poor Maps, and such). Hence the inability to work with Pure Maps.

Inactive state may be due to fast service of map tiles data - data that is later rendered by Pure Maps. So, its probably OK as long as you get your map view. Would probably be not in this state if you calculate longer route.

Re slow: I have a feeling its a slower than it used to be on my hardware. Not sure and it may relate to my SD card as well. Right now, would prefer not to look into the speed issue though...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@MartinK: thanks for the reports. It looks to be caused by a mix of libs - some provided by OSM Scout Server and some by the system. Looks like I can strip libz from provided list (included in https://github.com/sailfishos/sdk-ha...libraries.conf), but there are still few libs required for Mapnik that are not listed there (libtiff, libjpeg?). Maybe I should cleanup a list of provided libs since we are not in Harbour anyway. Let me think about it.

As for 3.0.3 issues - there is no support for it at OBS. As a result, I cannot even provide you with RPMs for that version. So, if you wish to use OSM Scout Server and MapboxGL-based widget, all I can suggest right now is to stay away from 3.0.3.x

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
As for 3.0.3 issues - there is no support for it at OBS. As a result, I cannot even provide you with RPMs for that version. So, if you wish to use OSM Scout Server and MapboxGL-based widget, all I can suggest right now is to stay away from 3.0.3.x
When do they usually release the new build targets/new SDK ? I would assume some time before general availability of the SFOS update ?

Still, I don't really see why all this is not done in sync - new update + new OBS target becomes available. Given that a lot of people (maybe even majority of those participating in the Sailfish X program ?) are on early access, this could really be handled better from Jollas side.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
When do they usually release the new build targets/new SDK ? I would assume some time before general availability of the SFOS update ?

Still, I don't really see why all this is not done in sync - new update + new OBS target becomes available. Given that a lot of people (maybe even majority of those participating in the Sailfish X program ?) are on early access, this could really be handled better from Jollas side.
No, as far as I remember, OBS targets show up after releases. But I could be mistaken.

As for inconvenience - let's better praise Jolla for finally making larger changes and go on about it. Such incompatibility is a problem, but we will win in the end by having better compilers and libs. Just users will have to be ready to interruption and maybe getting hands a touch dirty.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Some more data points. When I try to start the OSM Scout server from the command line, it fails with message similar to the one seen previously in journal:

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ harbour-osmscout-server
harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
systemd is also constantly trying to start the service which leads to high cpu load and battery consumption.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
systemd is also constantly trying to start the service which leads to high cpu load and battery consumption.
@pagis - good point! So, for those who are on 3.0.3.x, best action would be to

* disable autostart of OSM Scout Server
* visit regularly https://build.merproject.org/project...cts/sailfishos and see if 3.0.3.x subproject appeared
* not to rely on Pure Maps / OSM Scout Server until 3.0.3.x builds of Mapbox GL and OSM Scout Server will come.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.14.0

There are no new features, no bugfixes, as far as I remember. This release is done after major rewrite that allows me properly support multiple platforms: Silica, QtControls, cmd line, and add Kirigami to the list of platforms. Earlier, I just had copies of QML written for Silica and QtControls. Now, the same approach as for Pure Maps is used.

I hope that there are no new bugs introduced, but let me know if you hit any. Will do my best to fix ASAP.

As usual, translations were updated - thank you all involved in it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Bugfix release 1.14.1 is out. @ferlanero reported that Mapbox fonts were not detected correctly. Now this bug is fixed. Meanwhile, Spanish translation has been updated as well.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Hi @rinigus, I need some feedback.
I have made three icons (countries to download, countries on device, incompatible version), but I don't know, if I'm on the right track:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip OSM-Server.zip (5.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2019-04-28 at 09:46.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles