Notices

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I'm not pushing anybody to do this "for me". You 're talking like we don't know how difficult is. I already KNOW people do this in their free time for FREE. I'm only posting this looking for an answer like "yes, i try it, but its impossible to port due to INSERT_PROBLEM" , "i'm busy, so i cannot try" or "i don't give a **** this stuff".
I only made this thread for give the links with source code for people that can potentially make this possible, not DEMANDING anything. Of course i'm interesting in see this emu working in N900, but i dont want to annoy anybody.
Sorry for my english.
Cheers

Originally Posted by Niuseek View Post
Guess work for free doesn't suit many people out there and people who don't know how hard this stuff is are too demanding. That's why requests like this usually die in less than a week.
From what I've seen, request like these yield results quite often.
PSX, N64 and some other stuff I forgot came from requests.

All of the emulator devs on TMO "work for free" fyi.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
I have try it, but I havenīt good messages for you. Video hangs on SDL_gp2x library and audio on pure alsa lib. Sound isnīt big problem, but video needs big piece of work. I will try it edit, but now I havenīt skills for it. I have to study a lot. Give me time guys please.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
I have try it, but I havenīt good messages for you. Video hangs on SDL_gp2x library and audio on pure alsa lib. Sound isnīt big problem, but video needs big piece of work. I will try it edit, but now I havenīt skills for it. I have to study a lot. Give me time guys please.
Well, first of all thank you for at least trying!
Secondly, take as much time as you want/need. As much as I want a good GBA emu there's no pressure

The Following User Says Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
Ok guys. I have done small step in this port. I took dynarec from gp2x and pure sdl from pc built. Unfortunately I havenīt running gui or cmd line version, so I canīt check if it is working. Iīm working on it and I will post my progress.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
go on. no pressure. keep up the good work buddy

Good work Figa, hopefully something will come out of this, there are some good games out for the GBA and it's a shame VGBA runs soo slow, it's "OK" overclocked but still has it's moments.

It's crazy how easy some of these EMU's seem impossable but then someone comes along and it all slots into place, kinda like Picodrive... Anyone remember that there was no megadrive emulator and it was a total shock, then a month later and it was running perfectly.

Hopefully the same will happen with this emu

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Ok guys. I have done small step in this port. I took dynarec from gp2x and pure sdl from pc built. Unfortunately I havenīt running gui or cmd line version, so I canīt check if it is working. Iīm working on it and I will post my progress.
Thank you very much! If you are still in troubles, how about asking Notaz, or some devels in GP2X forums? Once again, thanks you your efforts!

Man, if this works I'm going to be one happy camper! (even literally when I'll be going out camping with my N900 haha)

Little progress here. We have working 'gui',but when the game start i get sigsegv from asm code. it is bigger problem for me I hope that i can solve it. I hope that next post will be better.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post: