Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Aww. And here I was hoping we had Graffiti...

Still, very clever, and looks to be very well done.

can anyone plz help me. I installed the given deb file and rebooted. but still the virtual keyboard is showing up. I cannot use the hand writing thing.

I installed it but i'm not sure how to access it. it's suppose to be a virtual keyboard?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
can i help make it multi language support? How to add more language to the code?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by atnnn View Post
That would be nice. Sadly, the default virtual keyboard is closed source and the example keyboard sucks. It could still be possible, but I don't yet know how.

It will make your applications crash and might brick your n900, but you can place it in /usr/lib/hildon-input-method/, run hildon-im-recache as root and then set the gconf key /apps/osso/input-method/default-settings/finger to "him_cellwriter".

Soon. I just submitted a request to the garage for a git repo.
i think you can talk to Roman. He is the creator of uKeyboard. He might give you some guide on how to integrate it with the VKeyboard

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
can anyone plz help me. I installed the given deb file and rebooted. but still the virtual keyboard is showing up. I cannot use the hand writing thing.
You can find the instructions for testing it in the release notes.

Originally Posted by keiel View Post
I installed it but i'm not sure how to access it. it's suppose to be a virtual keyboard?
It replaces the virtual keyboard and is activated the same way: press on a text cursor while the keyboard is closed.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
can i help make it multi language support? How to add more language to the code?
CellWriter already supports a lot of different alphabets and they are all available in him_cellwriter. I have tested cyrillic and it works as well as latin.

The Following User Says Thank You to atnnn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
So, how do you make the cells bigger? Couldn't find a option for it.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
My default Onscreen Keyboard can't be restored after using this.

I have tried these instructions:

>>>
To go back to the default virtual keyboard:

gconftool-2 --type string /apps/osso/inputmethod/default-plugins/finger -s hildon_western_fkb
<<<

Any ideas?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Does anyone know if there is a file that can be edited to reset the OSKB as this line doesn't seem to work for me?
>>>
gconftool-2 --type string /apps/osso/inputmethod/default-plugins/finger -s hildon_western_fkb
<<<
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by atnnn View Post
I put the source and a deb file up on garage with the exact gconf commands for enabling and disabling.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=3531
I have tried to restore the old keyboard with the command on your page but the old keyboard still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions as to why this isn't being restored?

Thx

Tags
handwriting, nokia n900