Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Jeorge put that link in 1st page mentioning temp fix in title

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
For the record, I think this is a ridiculous situation. "This has not been resolved at the last meeting?" WTF?
I agree. I welcome you to call for a Board meeting. You'll probably have about as much success as I have.

What do you suggest one should do when others are actively being obstructionist. Saying things like "I won't attend a meeting unless all are directors are present". Or having a director that simply doesn't replying for weeks to months on end, with no viable reason.

Even as chair, I have no power to force the other directors to attend a meeting. And a single director can't (through solitary action) cause something to happen. Sadly, through inaction one has been able to halt things from happening.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
So waht can we as the community do withe people which should do what we want and are not doing it and even hurting the community? woody14619 can we, the TMO users help you in any way?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
What do you suggest one should do when others are actively being obstructionist. Saying things like "I won't attend a meeting unless all are directors are present". Or having a director that simply doesn't replying for weeks to months on end, with no viable reason.

...Sadly, through inaction one has been able to halt things from happening.
Well, if you human possibly can, please attend the coming #maemo-meetings to give some approval if desired.

But as our big problem seems to be our "president", I'd suggest you check if HFCs vote from 2013/05/17 #maemo-meeting is valid (I guess according to bylaws) and do the according next steps in close collaboration with HFC.
All this had a good start with this Elections Announcement by Mentalist Traceur, but Rob declared that null, if I'm not mistaken.
But one thing's for sure: we need valid BoD elections ASAP. Hey, it's already been on MWKN...

And denial of sevice is intolerable, that alone should be a reason for community-legal action or re-elections.
Once a proper BoD is in place, we probably should have a look at the bylaws again.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Not to mention the liability of not having multiple active members of bod with access to banks accounts... what if Rob gets hit by a bus or goes rogue?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
[QUOTE=woody14619;1348100 Sadly, through inaction one has been able to halt things from happening.[/QUOTE]

One can understand the frustration, and more so if one happened to follow the IRC minutes. But frankly, there seemed to be other currents running there too.

For me the issue of a complete dearth of communication: surely someone can write a succint summary of where matters stand in various areas?

Perhaps I am too stupid to be able to follow and integrate what is obvious to everyone else but I am confused....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
For the record, I think this is a ridiculous situation.
+1

The message I am taking from that is that you don't need those donations. I have jus donated to joerg's account [...]
The thing is that the Hildon Foundation does not have a good case for asking for donation. Regardless of the messy internal organization, I can't think, right off my mind, of any reason why they need any money.

OTOH, Jörg and the technical team do actually need money to buy/rent stuff and for whatever technical services they need. And heck, for a beer or two when the next fire is put down

I intend to donate (again) to Jörg directly.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. See, until now I assumed that my HiFo donatgions were used for the tech. I will continue donating to Joerg only from now on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
and i was beginning to feel bad 'cuz i have started posting again on TMO but still refused to care about politics around here

Woody, i know it never helped in the past, but would you mind naming names instead of expecting everyone has been following all that mess with intense interest?

isn't there a way for the Community to request a re-election of the Board of Director?
thinking of which, the Board was elected not long after the Council last year
should be up for re-election anyway

what a mess

how does that meritocracy rubbish work exactly?

why is this discussed on a month old funding thread?
EDIT: 'cuz paypal mess...

Last edited by misterc; 2013-05-31 at 08:21. Reason: funding thread

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
until now I assumed that my HiFo donatgions were used for the tech.
To be clear, the only expenditure of HiFo funds to date (that I'm aware of) have been for community needed items. The vBulletin license for t.m.o, contract costs with IPHH, and recently a switch were all purchased with HiFo funds. The problem is that responsiveness is spotty to non-existent by the one person authorized to access the account since the treasurer resigned. And reimbursements for items purchased by tech staff (that are needed and still in use, like hard drives) have to date not been handled.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
Isn't there a way for the Community to request a re-election of the Board of Director?
thinking of which, the Board was elected not long after the Council last year should be up for re-election anyway
Actually, no, there isn't. Just as there's no way for the community to request a re-election of Council. There is a way for HFC to force a Board election, at the cost of forcing another HFC election.

As for the term, Board positions last for 12 months, where Council positions last for 6. The reasoning at the time was that Board would be doing less day-to-day things long term, and having longevity would be a good thing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
chatbot, maturity?, mister clown