Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
There is an official definition of waypoint.
In a nutshell,
From (point A)
To: (point B)
Via: (waypoint(s))

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Issue at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/35
I suggest to proceed as follows. I will add ability to search without libpostal parsing and using the primitive parser only.
Issue filed https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/280
Wow, rinigus, respect!

What a shame librepay is in trouble. I did not like their model but had decided to join eventually anyway, only to be told to hold it off
(I know you also have Bitcoin but there is no way I would ever join that castle in the clouds, sorry.)

So, I second again peterleinchen's quest for an easier way to donate. As CMOT Dibbler said (paraphrased, as I don't remember the exact quote), "make it easy for people to give you money and they will"

I might send some funds via PayPal to someone I can trust and who would then forward them to you in Bitcoin if someone would volunteer to do that.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
There is an official definition of waypoint.
In a nutshell,
From (point A)
To: (point B)
Via: (waypoint(s))
Its possible, sure. If that's what is met with all the flags and avatars.

Let's try to remember it, I'll probably deal with some other issues first. It will require modification of the router processing to ensure proper rerouting. But otherwise, required functionality. On the second though, I'll open an issue for it.

Re donations: please wait a bit. I'll review the status of liberapay in 1-2 months and then will let you know. [bitcoin, no wonder. I have not tried it myself either].

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
What do you name as a waypoint? Is it something like stored location, aka POI? I am working on POIs right now, but haven't had a plan to make 3D animated flags

What's avatar waypoint?
POIs and Waypoint is it almost the same significated of purpose, POIs is what waypoint come already shipped on the maps, Waypoint is the availability to add POIs on maps. avatar-waypoint is availability to add an image on a POIs,like TEXACO gas station, same to GIF. I will upload some picture examples here, in this afternoon .

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-08-31 at 11:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave

Re donations: please wait a bit. I'll review the status of liberapay in 1-2 months and then will let you know..
1-2 month? That long? With your development speed at that point Pure Maps is completely finished.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
1-2 month? That long? With your development speed at that point Pure Maps is completely finished.
yeap ultra fast development of the app.
@Fellfrosch I think you will have more work on new mini svg in pure-maps redesing PR#25 i guess

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-08-31 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well, then you send a one lump payment. No different than purchasing a commercial satnav

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Pure Maps + OSM Scout Server I think it's the ultimate sat nav suite for SailfishOS, I did use it a bit over the last few days and here are some issues I had using it on Xperia X:

- Several times Pure Maps fail to start, ps command shows that both Pure Maps and OSM Scout Server are active in background. I have to kill those processes from a terminal and start the app again. NB WhoGo does not have this issue.

- The device itself is getting really hot during navigation, and battery consumption was high so I had to stop it after about 5min.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
I am using xperia x with pure-maps & suite, then the app never fail to start. but is true that the device getting pretty much hot during navigation and batt consumtion is high ,I still can not say if this is normal due to several task running on a device compacted without a good heatsink. @rinigus are you expecting this issues in ur device? @pagis can you track the temp only with pure-maps & suite opened and a screenshot on high temp with command "htop" with ssh to see what going on ?

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-09-01 at 19:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Re: running hot. Yes, I can confirm. But I did not notice any difference in this regard between WhoGo and Pure. I have tested both quite extensively on my daily commutes (40-60 minutes, depending on the time of day, weather and direction) and both caused about the same battery level drop during that time, ~15%.

The only time I get into serious trouble is when I forget to reboot (or kill the processes) after use, as previously described. That can kill the battery in about 6 hours.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: