Anyone Else Struggling With Routing In Modrana?

i Recently Posted In a Forum About My Nokia Maps Not Working, It Displays Data As 0.0.0.0 ... So I've Moved To modrana, But Even The Wiki Page (Offline Routing) Has Not Worked, That Is, I Created a monav_data Folder In .maps, Downloaded us-midwest_car/pedestrian/bike.tar.gz, And Extracted The Files Into The Newly Made Folder. One NowNote, i Did This Through 7zip On The Computer Because tar xvzpf Filename -C Destination Could Not Find The Files, In Short, The Files Extracted Still Are .tar, 7zip Extracted The .gz Off It.

tl:dr--How Do i Either 1) Fix Nokia Maps Data Problem Our 2) Get Navigation To Work On Modrana via .More Details On How/Where To Extract Files From Offline Routing Wiki Page?

ps: i Use Swype And Firefox, For Some Reason They Are Not So Compatible, That Is, i Have To press Space For Every Word And It Always Capitalizes a New Word... How Can i Fix This ToToo? btw Swype Works Properly Rosellsewhere Like EmailAnd Messenger...

The Following User Says Thank You to AdaBwana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I'm afraid it's not going to work.

The modRana offline routing guide on the wiki only applies to Maemo 5/N900. The N9 version of modRana never got routing support (IIRC even for online routing) before work on the N9 port was discontinued.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
No problem, I am fine with using Nokia's native Maps, but it's not working properly. Like I mentioned, it's probably having to do with the map data of 0.0.0.0 . . . in MyDocs/cities/diskcache there are three files with 0.0.0.0 in their title: tmcavailability.cdt, tmcinfo.cdt, and tmcquant.cdt; all of which are preceded by all the 0's. Are there these files with different numbers I can download? Is it possible to uninstall/purge nokia maps and reinstall it?

Incidentally, I tried apt-get update and errors occurred about files not found, can be more clear tomorrow, maybe the phone needs reflashed?

The Following User Says Thank You to AdaBwana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AdaBwana View Post
in MyDocs/cities/diskcache there are three files with 0.0.0.0 in their title: tmcavailability.cdt, tmcinfo.cdt, and tmcquant.cdt; all of which are preceded by all the 0's.
Whilst I have 0.2.54.223 in Map Data the three aforementioned files still start with 0.0.0.0 so this is not a solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
Originally Posted by AdaBwana View Post
No problem, I am fine with using Nokia's native Maps, but it's not working properly. Like I mentioned, it's probably having to do with the map data of 0.0.0.0 . . . in MyDocs/cities/diskcache there are three files with 0.0.0.0 in their title: tmcavailability.cdt, tmcinfo.cdt, and tmcquant.cdt; all of which are preceded by all the 0's. Are there these files with different numbers I can download? Is it possible to uninstall/purge nokia maps and reinstall it?

Incidentally, I tried apt-get update and errors occurred about files not found, can be more clear tomorrow, maybe the phone needs reflashed?
My phone shows the exact same behaviour, so I fear it is like this on purpose.
But it would be really nice to solve the issue.
Since the online connection for maps is not working any more and offline maps do have a lot of areas where not all zoom levels are working and therefore are not used for routing (sometimes very strange, of path routes are calculated).

I also thought already if reinstalling maps or flashing the phone will help, but since you have the same issue, I fear it wont.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowdog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
I'm usinh Nokia Maps happily in Poland. Usually offline, but online also works(when it cannot find some address, it usually find it online). Online it works sometimes very odd, because it receives route with new roads, while it tries to route it trough old non-existant roads (so on new higways it sometimes goes in loop like go back, turn right, go back, and tries to find new current GPS position/compass direction), because it mismatches with maps it got ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post: