Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
What I am wondering is if the SailfishOS they are running will have more advanced security features than the Jolla. For example, an encrypted file system, or some track-and-protect feature.
Hey, who can give you more than they can promise.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
What I am wondering is if the SailfishOS they are running will have more advanced security features than the Jolla. For example, an encrypted file system, or some track-and-protect feature.
I wonder if the lack of security features and options in Jolla Sailfish OS is the reason why it takes so long for 3rd party phone makers to release a public Sailfish phone.

Whatever happened to Sailfish "secure" that ought to have been Sailfish "standard" by now?

https://techcrunch.com/2015/03/02/jo...e-os/?ncid=rss

Maybe SSH knows?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I wonder if the lack of security features and options in Jolla Sailfish OS is the reason why it takes so long for 3rd party phone makers to release a public Sailfish phone.

Whatever happened to Sailfish "secure" that ought to have been Sailfish "standard" by now?

https://techcrunch.com/2015/03/02/jo...e-os/?ncid=rss

Maybe SSH knows?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
*delusional picture*
No, it was a genuine attempt from both parties as you can read from a ReviewSailfishOS interview with Mika Lauhde, Vice President at SSH.

Propably cut or put on ice during jollas "winter braindrain".

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
And now for something completely different, a (breathlessly) positive take on the Turing phone :

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2016/0...e-and-kicking/

For some reason, the term ninjas appears in the article. Honestly not sure if author is serious...
In the attributed source article (Android Police) the tone is a bit different, with the story beginning like this:

Turing, a company that I'm not even 100% certain really exists [...]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Security via obscurity perhaps?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Security via obscurity perhaps?
As a worthy alternative to security via fading into a gigantic mass of Android users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Well, don't bother to look for "Made in Finland" and FCC&CE stamps in first evaluation devices:

http://suomimobiili.fi/turing-phonej...inakaan-viela/

* First shipped phones will be manufactured in China.
* Snapdragon 820 version of the phone will get FCC&CE approvals, evaluation version won't.

Edit: And only 128GB version will be available, 16GB and 64GB version have been scrapped according to the article.

Last edited by JiiHoo; 2016-07-04 at 10:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
And only 128GB version will be available, 16GB and 64GB version have been scrapped according to the article.
At least that makes sense since 128G should nowdays be the absolute minimum allowed in any device be it a featurephone, smartwatch or anything else more sophisticated...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
At least that makes sense since 128G should nowdays be the absolute minimum allowed in any device be it a featurephone, smartwatch or anything else more sophisticated...
why do you say that, I have a 32GB nexus 5, and the only reason I use half that is because I have 5 ROMS running in multirom for varying reasons, otherwise its just a sliver.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone