Notices

Recurring Calendar Events Editor

This application provides a GUI for more advanced recurrence rules in the calendar application. The built-in calendar comes with the appropriate logic to display complex recurrence rules, but does not allow for the creation/editing of complex rules. With this tool, you can modify recurring events with even more recurrence options.

This is only my 2nd C++/Qt program, so don't expect the source code to resemble anything respectable. Also, my goal was to get the tool functioning first and foremost. I'll refactor it later if I have time. Also, it doesn't support translations, so I'll need to learn how that works, too.

I know there is a lot of cleanup needed and probably lots of bugs, too

With that said, I believe the tool is working for me and won't blow anything up. No guarantees, though.

It doesn't allow the creation of new events. It only operates on events that already exist and have some sort of existing recurrence rule. To create a new complex recurring event, create it first in the calendar with any recurrence schedule (I just pick daily) and then open the event in this application to update the rule to a more complex one.

Comments welcome. I'll try to fix any major bugs reported.

UPDATE 2011-10-29
Improved the list box for the calendar list and removed the birthday calendar from the list. It probably is not a good idea to update birthdays. Learning how to use delegates and improve the models for the views.

I am making small tweaks here and there to learn more Qt stuff so that I can make my next app, which will be a Tasks manager based on the calendar database.

Lots of thanks to Nicolai who has helped in the past answering questions. Also, his source code for scout has been useful to me for how he uses the calendar-backend API.

Here are a couple screenshots:

Last edited by jackburton; 2011-10-29 at 17:08. Reason: Updates

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin
Thanks very much for this really helpful new app. Immediately I have posted an article with MeeGo.de.

Really great program I had no idea that tools were available, just Nokians didn't provided correct UI for them. If no major bugs pop-up (or get fixed), this is going to be a must-have (I don't thinkj it should land in CSSU, just because it can be easily installed from repositories).

Next step - integration with Calendar GUI (if it is Open Source), or rewriting it to be Open Source and include this. Anyone?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Really great program I had no idea that tools were available, just Nokians didn't provided correct UI for them.

Yeah, the calendar API is pretty good. It holds a lot of functionality. I assume a lot of the functions in there were made to support synchronization.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Waited nearly 2 years for something like that.
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Only just yet stumbled upon this.

And even it is very old, I believe it is worth a bump.
Together with the question if it is reliable to use? (So maybe it can get pushed to testing? I do not expect it to be maintained anymorre, or? )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-04-21 at 11:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Just found out about this now too! One of my biggest gripes about calendar was the lack of editing of recurring events. I will have to test it out!

Another one that would like this!

I was editing these rules with Evolution/Syncevolution on my main Linux machine, as the phone clearly is able to handle these rules - this at least is another way to do it...

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Only just yet stumbled upon this.

And even it is very old, I believe it is worth a bump.
Together with the question if it is reliable to use? (So maybe it can get pushed to testing? I do not expect it to be maintained anymorre, or? )
I can still maintain it if there are bugs. I would also consider feature requests if I have time.

I guess I could try to push to testing if that makes a difference to folks.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
source is also here if others wish to maintain:
https://gitorious.org/n900-recurring-event-editor

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post: