Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
And the phone wasn't??? That phone was definitely NOT an in-house design by Jolla itself...
It was actually a collaboration with our design guys and some Finnish guys. The reference device is nothing like the phone, but PCB reuse is not abnormal.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I think that,even all us can and must admit that jolla made some mistakes (some of them quite big), is not a reason to lacking of respect to them. I can understand the angry ones for loosing money, but i think their intention was/are good. I don't think they have done the best they could, but at least they really tried and i dont want to blame them for that. We can be angry, we can show our disappointment and remark what we think have been their missing point and mistakes, but we have to recognise to them a lot of attenuances and some great things that they finally reached. otherwise, if you speak just like that way, we would be a bunch of trolls. So if we have to talk about it , please try to be really constructive and not to destroy everything.

however since is not the real topic of this thread i invite all you guys to come back IT.
Thanks to Nodevel for news and thank to cybette, very kind sailor and to lakko for her work and efforts.
And the greatest thanks go to Jaakko, since i think is one of the most talented guy on the boat.

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-11-23 at 17:25.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Yep. Learn two things:

- Don't try unless you have s***load of money
- Stay as far away from communities as possible

If you don't, you'll be between rock and hard place.
Jolla did stay away from communities, or at least this one. Maemo.org admin bent over backwards in an attempt to persuade Jolla to make maemo.org its official home, but Jolla were not interested. This is not surprising, since we are not really Jolla's intended customers.

The impact of TMO activity on Jolla's fortunes is zilch, so it's no good trying to use TMO as a scapegoat.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
It was actually a collaboration with our design guys and some Finnish guys. The reference device is nothing like the phone, but PCB reuse is not abnormal.
Thanks, I stand corrected. Still, if that's the case, it makes me wonder why there was such a dearth of interest inside Jolla for novel other halves, or what the longstanding problem was with the replaceable battery; I would have thought if there were folks inside Jolla actually interested in hardware, the phone would have gotten a little more attention...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
And the phone wasn't??? That phone was definitely NOT an in-house design by Jolla itself...
I've never seen an android-a-like jolla phone

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Can't speak for dave, but jolla had already done this with the phone, actually they did more with the phone as the tablet was found to be someone else's design.

They knew what they were getting into, and pissed the money away
Was there ever any evidence that the tablet was someone else's design? It's the same style as the phone. It always seemed more likely to me that they'd sold the design to someone in China to sell there, as a nifty way of getting some more money in to fund the thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So why did Marc left?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

seriously OT, but i feel to do it:

Everyone here talking about opensource and really open project with TMO as important reference point...but on the other side, so much little interest about NEMO mobile thread. I really would like to know why you act in this way, please reply to me in that thread since i am feeling mind-fractured. just cant afford why call for a homemade cake and then no one is interested to contribute in his way in the process of cooking it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Was there ever any evidence that the tablet was someone else's design? It's the same style as the phone. It always seemed more likely to me that they'd sold the design to someone in China to sell there, as a nifty way of getting some more money in to fund the thing.
no i guess instead that tablet design was chosen by some other manufacturer, and rifined as they wanted. but thats not such an important thing.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
again rumoured to partner with Nokia ?