anyone know how well bluetooth headsets work with calls?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
If i remember correctly mautz wanted me to test this with cm13 and it did not fix the bad sound quality which is also present for cm12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
think its a kernel issue not a cm base issue, i remember there was a bug about it

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
think its a kernel issue not a cm base issue, i remember there was a bug about it
But cm12 and cm13 have different kernel so it should not be the issue here?

Moreover as I understand the poor-call-quality-on-bt issue does not exist on the android cm12 or cm13 but is something to do with the combination of pulseaudio on libhybris and blutooth HSP mode.
(which is the reason that A2DP profile works without any problems)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Moreover as I understand the poor-call-quality-on-bt issue does not exist on the android cm12 or cm13...
I am using my Nexus 5 with CM13 since january instead of SFOS because of the battery drain in the latter and can confirm that BT works flawlessly in my car.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I also have to face the battery drain problem because often the CPU keeps running at 100% even with no application running...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
bt calls still dont work well with my headset, very crackle and can hardly understand anything, music play is fine.

although ive built the mw vs 2.1 and attempting an update to 2.1 now, if its successful might just make an image, anyone wanting to risk it for a biscuit

removed link, it breaks your system :P

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2017-05-07 at 14:46.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
Heureka! (Eureka)

@mautz

I really think that this is the solution to our problem. I guess we should add that 'brcm-patchram-plus' tool and start it as a service after having started the bluetooth service. Looks like they do it that way in asteroidos. https://github.com/AsteroidOS/meta-a...e3c3d4fed6bc93
Awesome!

Have you tried this already?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Hi to everyone, sorry for the late reply, but i am very busy at the moment...also my laptops ac adaptor got fried and my sfos sdk got corrupted. So i started from scratch yesterday and compiled a new cm13 2.1.0.10 build. I am uploading it at the moment and going to start a new thread this evening to release this build for testing. Stay tuned.
Update: Started a new thread.

Last edited by mautz; 2017-05-10 at 11:07.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Awesome!

Have you tried this already?
I contacted 'kido' of AsteroidOS today. The 'brcm-patchram-plus' tool alone is not enough. We also need to patch 'bluesleep.c' in the kernel sources. I got some links now and will have a closer look into it. Obviously I do this on the CM12 kernel sources. I guess you use a newer kernel now with the CM13 base.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid