Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
@rinigus: first off all: THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT EFFORT!

atm I am about to try OSM scout server with Poor Maps and - while offline search works perfectly - I cannot see the map tiles. I get the following error messages (off cuorse, maps are saved on SDcard):
INFO: 09:51:18 Request: /v1/tile?daylight=1&shift=1&scale=4&z=14&x=8802&y=5372
INFO: 09:51:18 Request: /v1/tile?daylight=1&shift=1&scale=4&z=14&x=8802&y=5373
INFO: 09:51:18 Request: /v1/tile?daylight=1&shift=1&scale=4&z=14&x=8801&y=5373
INFO: 09:51:18 Request: /v1/tile?daylight=1&shift=1&scale=4&z=14&x=8801&y=5372
INFO: 09:51:19 Mapnik: Hinzufügen von /media/sdcard/5792-2A74/Maps.OSM/mapnik/countries/europe-germany
FEHLER:09:51:19 Mapnik exception: Sqlite Plugin: 'database disk image is malformed' (/media/sdcard/5792-2A74/Maps.OSM/mapnik/countries/europe-germany/mapnik.sqlite)
Full sql was: 'PRAGMA cache_size = -20480;' encountered during parsing of layer 'landuse_gen0' in Layer of '/home/nemo/.cache/harbour-osmscout-server/harbour-osmscout-server/mapnik/default/day/mapnik.xml'
WARNUNG: 09:51:19 Mapnik nicht verfügbar
FEHLER:09:51:19 Mapnik exception: Sqlite Plugin: 'database disk image is malformed' (/media/sdcard/5792-2A74/Maps.OSM/mapnik/countries/europe-germany/mapnik.sqlite)
Full sql was: 'PRAGMA cache_size = -20480;' encountered during parsing of layer 'landuse_gen0' in Layer of '/home/nemo/.cache/harbour-osmscout-server/harbour-osmscout-server/mapnik/default/day/mapnik.xml'
Any idea?
I suspect that the database is broken, hopefully only your copy and not on the server.

Note that the databases used for search, routing, and map tiles are all different. So, if one works, it could still be that the other is broken, as you have.

Please try to download smaller region and test on that. Germany is big and maybe something went wrong during download. To avoid overlapping regions (no idea how mapnik will handle it), unsubscribe from Germany when testing with the smaller region. If you keep the files, you could later subscribe again and the download should not be triggered.

Iff it turns out that the database is broken, try to download it again. For that, stop the server, go to the maps directory, follow common sense and find the mapnik database for Germany. Delete it and start the server again. Map Manager should suggest to redownload the database for Mapnik/Germany

Let me know how it went.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thank you, rinigus, I am just about to try a further download and will report on the resullt!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Germany runs well on my device. So probably it's only JoOppen's database. But I have to admit, that I downloaded it a few days ago.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
I have downloaded the entire Germany map files on a second device - same problem (I started the time-consuming download prior to reporting the problem and therefore did not Interrupt the second download).

I also downloaded the Netherland map files and initially encoutered the some problem as above. However, after unsubscribing Germany, everything was fine (Germany left as a white spot, however)..

Therefore, there might be a problem with the Germany map files on the server.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
I don't think so. I downloaded the map of Germany some time ago and it works like a charm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
I don't think so. I downloaded the map of Germany some time ago and it works like a charm.
O.k., I will give it a third try. I wish, Germany was smaller

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Well we downloaded it some days ago. So maybe a file got damaged on the server. improbable but not impossible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
O.k., I will give it a third try. I wish, Germany was smaller
Let's check whether the file size matches. It should be

6993805315 distribution/mapnik/countries/europe-germany

for Mapnik database. I wonder if at such size the filesystem used by SD card starts playing a role.

Note that you could also download Germany by parts, just take one hierarchy down and it should work as well. All routing, maps search, and tile rendering works over the subscribed databases.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Rinigus,
I finally took the time to complete the french documentation.
The new pull request is here: https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/pull/203

Doing so, I noticed that the docs for poor-maps and modRana end with :
"You are all set! Don't forget that you need to have OSM Scout Server and Poor Maps running <i>simultaneously</i> for offline operation."
I assume we could change that a little now that the server can start automatically, like giving a link to the documentation page describing how to activate the auto start.
I have only translated as is for now, to have all the documentation at the same level.
Maybe it would be better to wait for the auto-start option being set as default before updating the documentation ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I assume we could change that a little now that the server can start automatically, like giving a link to the documentation page describing how to activate the auto start.
I have only translated as is for now, to have all the documentation at the same level.
Maybe it would be better to wait for the auto-start option being set as default before updating the documentation ?
Thank you!

Since I am now trying to get Mapbox GL working ASAP, I'll probably not release new version too soon. Looks like we can set the auto-activation by default, since there have been no complains regarding it. I'll make the corresponding commit. As for docs, let's keep them for now. We can probably do the changes later...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles