I know there are a few "screen protector" threads, and l apologise for setting up yet another one.

disclaimer aside, I have been sniffing around the N900 for a wee while now, and well ,like so many others, heard the rumours of the easily damaged screen on the N900. So the logical question is what's the best way to protect it, at the same time avoiding to degrade the general usability and feel of the screen. (stylus etc)

I have seen Zaggs invisible shield, and many claim that it's "the end all and be all "of screen protectors, while others claim that it degrades the feel of the screen and limits use of the stylus.

I know there are a ton of other screen protectors, but for a novice such as l , it is a wee bit complicated to get the bigger picture. Each seems to have issues, "this one has to be "manually" resized" and "that one has no holes for the proximity sensor" etc.

So suggestions? comments? And most importantly experiences...

BTW, I currently reside in Norway, so it's sort of imperative that what ever screen protector you suggest can be shipped to my humble abode here in the frozen north.

Kindest regards

DeBoX

I bought this one. around 20 bucks for 2. It also has holes for all the components and is pre cut. Also the screen feels exanctly the same as before I put it on. It doesnt make the screen rubbery feeling.
http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-TrueVue...9&sr=8-2-spell

Last edited by ArmandHammer; 2009-12-15 at 21:11.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Zagg works but does add some drag to the screen. It definately protects very well on everything I have used them for though. Takes about 10 mins to get used to with very slight additional pressure. I personally prefer it as the plain screen would occasionally be too sensitive for me and misinterpret gestures. Unfortunately might be a suck and see - at least with the Zagg you can protect the rest of the phone and peel the screen protector off if you don't like it.

I try durasec hightec, but makes the screen matte and "rubbery".
Now I have order brando, because many have advised me.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
IMO, Clarivue makes some of the best. They stick on with static, and are not rubbery. But they don't make one for the N900 yet.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I'm up for a screen protector, too, and found the combined case/screen protector/pouch thread overwhelming. I would be really nice if everyone that has tried more than one could state which they preferred, and why. I would prefer a protector with antireflective coating and more firm than sticky texture. I'm also curious if there are protectors that can act as complete weatherproofing cases, or if i'm better off getting a basic screen protector and a separate case for my frequent outdoor usage.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

i have clearprotector on my and its pretty good, took at bit time to put it on but the sensitivity of the screen sure does not decrease

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
I tried the PhantomSkinz and so far I'm impressed. I'll admit that installation was not as easy as had hoped and it took a couple of days to lose the "haze" but now it is crystal clear, no adverse affects on sensitivity and it has GREATLY reduced the fingerprints on the screen.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I'm up for a screen protector, too, and found the combined case/screen protector/pouch thread overwhelming. I would be really nice if everyone that has tried more than one could state which they preferred, and why. I would prefer a protector with antireflective coating and more firm than sticky texture. I'm also curious if there are protectors that can act as complete weatherproofing cases, or if i'm better off getting a basic screen protector and a separate case for my frequent outdoor usage.
I have tried Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector and Invisible Shield screen protector. Vikuiti coating felt harder than the IS, but IS feels like it's more part of the device. Both vikuiti and IS are just as crystal clear.
I found getting the Vikuiti harder to put on the device. There where always some bubbles left while the IS is more complicated with the liquids and all i still find it better solution. It did take about 5 minutes more work than Vikuiti, but you will get it just right easier in the end imo. There where some microbubbles(like Zagg calls them) and one or two bigger ones. Microbubbles where gone after 24h and rest in 3 days.
My biggest concern with IS was that it would feel sticky, but in the end it was no problem. Coating has changed but you will not notice anything when actually using the device imho.

I don't find any reason to protect the whole device. It's done from very durable materials, no chrome like materials that would get scratched and Nokia thankfully even went for protecting the camera lens so yeah, can't find absolutely any reason to protect the whole device.

Last edited by tissot; 2009-12-15 at 16:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
I have this one it fits perfect and works great too.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-27604.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Nitchers For This Useful Post: