https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...#comment-39888
Summary: all preorders may be out before the month ends

Last edited by gtmaster303; 2020-01-13 at 15:59.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Finally! (10*char)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...#comment-39888
Summary: all preorders may be out before the month ends
I do hope that this is true. While I am fully aware of the dangers of pre-ordering devices from startups, frustration is tarting to creep in.

When was the pre-orders made? I remember ordering as soon as possible June or July,right?) and paid immediately after I got email, I think it was beginning of August. Device already at resellers hands, but not in mine Hopefully soon(tm)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I think they would not make such a definite announcement if it's uncertain to happen. And this is good as I have been thinking about cancelling my order lately. I think I can wait a little longer with this announcement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I think they would not make such a definite announcement if it's uncertain to happen. And this is good as I have been thinking about cancelling my order lately. I think I can wait a little longer with this announcement.
What definite announcement? Erik has been clear from the start that his statements are unofficial, and most of the delivery statements up to now have been misleading to say the least.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
What definite announcement? Erik has been clear from the start that his statements are unofficial, and most of the delivery statements up to now have been misleading to say the least.
I mostly meant the definite "it's going to happen" tone of the post. But I concede I haven't read Erik's previous announcements so you might be right.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I mostly meant the definite "it's going to happen" tone of the post. But I concede I haven't read Erik's previous announcements so you might be right.
The most frustrating thing in this whole debacle (at least for me) has been the lack of any proper, consistent, statements. Erik makes apparently unofficial statements on the companies own official forum. Chen makes statements on twitter which are personal, but presumably offical given his position in the company. Adrian released a video at some point via some route I don't remember. The 'official' fxtec twitter feed seemed to be mostly a stream of increasingly irritating adverts, ignoring the fact that most customer haven't yet received anything.

I don't even have (to the best of my knowledge) any acknowledgement from Fxtec that they have taken my money. Even their payment system still says 'payment at future date, more than 4 months after they took the money from my account.

I don't understand why there isn't a single blog type page on their website where they host their 'official' statements, so there would be less confusion and misinformation floating around. Or maybe I do understand why, but if so I hoped Fxtec were better than that.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I want to thank and also apologise to @epninety for the problem he mentioned.

First of all I want to assure you that your order has indeed been produced. It's been crazy 2 weeks as everything is short of labour, but we managed to make great great progress.

Unfortunately I was fully stuck at factory and product related work, there has been various challenges. Changing FX social / blog is on my list, unfortunately there are things way more important than that for me at the moment, but as soon as I can free my hands a bit I will lead the change. I am with you!

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
If it makes the wait easier (I am afraid it won't, but it will still be reassuring to some), I can assure the device is what many of us have been waiting for a decade (I'm not counting the N950 because it never hit the market). The vast majority of TMO people will love their device. Of course, when using alternative OSes like SFOS, it can be a bit rough around the edges since SFOS is a community project, but it works very well already, and there is hope to eventually get Leste as well (please consider sending a unit to the Leste team, they are making great progress lately but confirmed they cannot really afford a unit on their personal budget).

On SFOS, and combined with a well configured sailfish_ubu_chroot (thanks Preflex, Elros34 and TheKit), it actually totally defeated my N900 in almost every "pocket computer" aspects. I find myself using my Proš running Ubuntu inside SFOS very often at home when I would usually have used my laptop, just because it feels equally convenient once properly configured with keybindings, and is already in my pocket when I need it.

I am seriously considering buying a spare, in case the present decade is like the previous one and we have only one device meeting our needs. The Proš really is a great achievement by Chenliangchen and F(x)tec, and the fact that they opened the bootloader is also something that will contribute to making this device last long within the community.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-16 at 21:26.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Thanks @chenliangchen, I, and I'm sure most others here, appreciate how much work has gone into this project by you and your colleagues, and I hope you are justly rewarded for it in the end result.

To reiterate what I've said on the fxtec forum previously, I haven't any complaint over the repeated slips in delivery, I know how hard it is to bring a niche product to market and get anywhere close to budget and timescale targets.

But I don't want to get updates via forum posts by members, saying 'fxtec told me by private email...'. Maybe I should just have set a cronjob to email fxtec support twice a day saying 'wtf is happening?'.

Last edited by epninety; 2020-01-16 at 10:57. Reason: Forgot smilie!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit