Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Originally Posted by fixerdave View Post
I still use mine every day, all the time... but I'm a bit of a geek.

I use Quick-Clip mostly... I've written some Perl scripts that make it function as a journal.

I do this too, but i use raw text (markdown) files i sync using git , but i am currious to see your scripts

I just need a decent editor (which do grep in it like emacs at least) ...

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

I've used my N800 every day for the past 3 years. Flip Clock to wake me up, checking email while on the patio having a smoke, watching movies at my lunch break. Skype for calls, Dial central for texts. I can stream live TV to it thanks to Canola. I actually bought an extra - thinking about leaving it at work with a powered USB hub, 160G hard drive and music collection.

Diablo-Turbo and ASUI ROCK!

I have TWO N800s and one won't flash to the most current maemo and the other is starting to get slow for browsing for some reason, but I still use them all the time. I even tried to install bluemaemo and use the one that won't accept the newest maemo as a bt keyboard for the other one! It doesn't quite work though, but still a cool idea. Lately I've been feeling like they are garbage as my good one keeps saying "unable to perform operation please try again" when I try to open one specific internet radio station, but sometimes it still works(used to always work) and the virtual keyboard doesn't register like it used to and the youtube plugin for mediabox doesn't work. When I try to download a youtube video it says "download aborted".

I still use it all the time as it's more convenient than my laptop, but I would like to find a way to resolve those issues. (Without a reflash)

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
the radio quirk may be due to the streamer may be at their limit of outgoing connections.
and my choice for youtube = mytube (the newest patch works well)

The Following User Says Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
I have a 770 that I never use and haven't really figured out a use for. Despite that I think of getting an n800 (they are available pretty cheap sometimes) to use as a media player since it has two full sized SD card slots, that can be used for sdhc and maybe even sdxc. With the advent of the n900, the n810 became less interesting. I do want to get an n900 when my finances permit it. I'd perhaps use it mostly as a programmable 5mp camera and pocket computer. I'm not sure if I'd use its phone/3g capabilities at all.

Last edited by phr; 2011-05-16 at 01:30.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
SDHC yes, SDXC no.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
From the moment I purchased my N810 I kept hoping that they would at least get a version of Skype working with the camera. Or the camera working at all. Or the gps system working reliably! I have been pulling it out about every 6 months & checking the current OS version to see if I can flash it to a more current release. No action there for quite awhile... Now I see the Mer project has been mothballed and Meego (its replacement) is not going to be available for anything prior to the N900. Guess I will see if I can locate all of the original packing materials and sell it on E-Bay since it seems to be relegated to official Persona non Grata status by both Nokia and Maemo.
My n810 works just fine, still, after 3 years. Also have a n800 I picked up last year.
BTW, my device's cameras work well with "camera" and "videocamera" apps that are still available in the repos. Cameras are grainy though, even the ipod touch rear camera whips the pants off of them......that's the march of technical progress.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

My N800 has plenty of memory and power. I use a BT keyboard with it when I want too and have done a lot of easy field work with the open source spreadsheets. Etc.
I am a little annoyed that I cant find the way to update the flash and Micro B browser.
I reflashed my unit twice to make sure I have the lastest of everything and it's still very slow to use internet and don't get me started about the poor Google apps integration.

All that aside, I still love it.. but I really need the answer to fixing the slow internet. I'm even back to using my Palm TX because, since it didn't have flash, - the web sites aren't choking it with flash technology widgets. Makes a big difference if you dont like to watch ads like me.

Originally Posted by Deserttaxguy View Post
but I really need the answer to fixing the slow internet. I'm even back to using my Palm TX because, since it didn't have flash, - the web sites aren't choking it with flash technology widgets. Makes a big difference if you dont like to watch ads like me.
Have you tried tear or opera, flash doesn't work in them.

Also tapping magnifying glass on toolbar, components, flash. No tick, no flash.

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810