Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

I'll be recieving my Nokia N800 Tablet soon, and I'm looking to get a blueTooth Keyboard.

I want something compact or that folds so that I can put in a pouch and carry
it along with N800.

Does anyone suggest one model over the next?

Also I don't want something that I have to reprogram the N800 to pair it with the Keyboard.

Regards Robert

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
Did you try searching the forums? There has been plenty of discussion on lots of different keyboards ...

Cheers

Mike.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ the Imperial Homeland
I use the Stowaway Sierra Bluetooth keyboard and I am totally delighted with it as long as you have a flat surface to put it on (On your knees it tends to bend and move). Read the reviews on amazon.com to get other comments about this really well-designed keyboard.

And connecting is a no-brainer. punch in the pin on the keyboard and your paired :-)

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I use the Nokia Key board

Does anyone else who uses the Nokia keyboard find the apostrophe very annoying?

Or is there some fundamental thing that everyone knows but me? I have to hit the key twice to get it to type an apostrophe (or shift and hit it twice for a quote), then if the next letter is an "s" or a few others, I get the little glitch above it (please forgive my un-worldlyness in not knowing what that thing is called). So, it's backspace over that and type an "s".

I don't suppose there's a keyboard map in the N800 that I can alter to make this change?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Arlington Va
I use a laser keyboard which is great once you get used to typing on all kinds of surfaces. It fits in your pocket...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8193/

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Vancouver, WA
I'm waiting for my FrogPad...
the flexi-stowaway keyboard just wasn't robust enough for me

Originally Posted by ecohen2 View Post
I use a laser keyboard which is great once you get used to typing on all kinds of surfaces. It fits in your pocket...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8193/
How does this laser keyboard hold up on a bumpy flight or train ride? Can it be stabilized somehow?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by abarrow View Post
I have to hit the key twice to get it to type an apostrophe (or shift and hit it twice for a quote), then if the next letter is an "s" or a few others, I get the little glitch above it
That's because it's a combining accent key. Useful for putting accents on characters; for typing apostrophes, not so much. I noticed it right away, but you're the first I've found who mentions it.
You can hit <ALT-GR>+<Apostrophe> to get a proper ASCII apostrophe, and add <SHIFT> to get a quotation mark. This is obviously backward, in my opinion, for a keyboard layout set to "English (USA)".
Originally Posted by abarrow View Post
I don't suppose there's a keyboard map in the N800 that I can alter to make this change?
I've been meaning to look up how to map keys in the X Window system, which underpins the N800 GUI. Tools exist; not sure if they've all been ported.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maryland
i would be happy if I could use my nokia e61i QWERTY keyboard to type ..no?