Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Why do you want that? The "escape" button already does what you look for.
duh...never realized that...woops...my bad!

thanks...

what about #2? launching the bookmarks list?

Not to sound ******ed, but WTF does '******ed Image Loading=1' mean?

Also, what lines do I edit to get the d-pad to page down?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Maine USA
The buttons already do most of what you need....on the dpad if you hold down on the bottom button (down) the page will scroll down (same is true for up)....however if you click it quickly you can jump from link to link on a web page. The escape button (the one with the curled arrow) will take you back. I actually am able to easily surf this site here with one hand ;-)

David

Originally Posted by dtrask View Post
The buttons already do most of what you need....on the dpad if you hold down on the bottom button (down) the page will scroll down (same is true for up)....however if you click it quickly you can jump from link to link on a web page. The escape button (the one with the curled arrow) will take you back. I actually am able to easily surf this site here with one hand ;-)

David
Thx... that makes life easier!

Originally Posted by dtrask View Post
....on the dpad if you hold down on the bottom button (down) the page will scroll down (same is true for up)....;-)

David
HOLY CRAP! How did l miss this? l've had my N800 since the Sunday before it was announced at CES, and somehow this eluded me all this time....

Man, l feel pretty silly.

ln any case, thanks!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I feel that if the up/down buttons were at least as good as on 770, then the hodl up/down to scroll would be adequate, but at least my left thumb starts to hurt really soon when I have to press the down button in such an odd angle to avoid pressing the back/escape button and the middle button accidentally.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Vancouver, WA
the kewl thing is you can edit a text file that maps those keys...
and create a hyper-scroll when held-down...and a normal-scroll when tap'd once...or whatever you like...

I forgot which file it was though, but I found it searching through the forums I believe...

Anybody have any luck use the MIME info in opera.ini to force the browser to give you a download option instead of always displaying file types as text pages?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Tennessee
I have flashed the new software update to my n800. I am trying to edit my opera.ini file to increase the minimum font size, as well as some other recommended adjustments. I used the instructions (without needing to become root) that are posted in this thread. However, apparently the file structure isn't the same. I keep getting a "no such directory" error.
Can someone please point me in the right direction??

Thanks,

Steve

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Port Angeles, WA
It appears that the Opera dir is now hidden. So to get to the opera.ini, use
vi ~/.opera/opera.ini