Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Edit: as I hoped, this was a silly question with a simple answer

-----

Perhaps I've missed something really obvious in Settings (or elsewhere) and so maybe this will be a really short thread, but...

Does anyone know how to edit/delete saved WiFi/WLAN settings in the N9?

I've been extremely busy the last couple of months and have basically dropped out of TMO (as well as various other things I used to do for fun) so it's possible I have missed a discussion on this (although searching didn't turn up what I needed to know).

Also, I still haven't updated my N9 to PR1.1 (I know, I know... I'm fully expecting to get flamed/admonished for this; I really do want to do this and have set aside an hour this weekend to get 'er done, but I have been busy!) so maybe it was added in PR1.1 (I haven't read the full changelog yet).

If it matters, the reason I want to do this is to help me solve a WLAN connectivity issue.

Problem I'm having is:
Originally Posted by My N9 trying to connect to my home Linksys router
Internet connection failed. Cannot able to get IP address from DHCP server.
I'm not the only one to have experienced these symptoms. I am reluctant to blame my router setup, because my girlfriend's iPhone* connects to it fine and is assigned a dynamic IP in the expected range. I'm running it G-only (no N or mixed modes to cause issues) and this issue was consistently reproducible last night (not tried today because I'm at work now). Security is WPA-PSK.

I haven't yet tried assigning a static IP for the N9, but it annoys me that I should have to do that. That's unacceptable because (assuming the issue is on the N9) this could happen on a network I don't control (example scenario: at a friend's house - my friend gives me the passphrase, but then I get this error and his wife - who administers the router - is away on business) and I'm then SOL for getting online.

I think I connected my N9 to this router before (I have several routers at home and swapped them round a few times over Christmas, hence "I think") and I'm wondering if removing any memory the N9 has of this router might help...

Happy editing config files or whatever if that's what it takes, I just need a pointer for where to start looking.

Finally: worth noting that my N9 can connect to the WLAN at my office (and various others) OK.

* yes, I know, but some things are more important than OSS evangelism

Last edited by shallimus; 2012-02-02 at 17:41.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
settings -> internet -> edit connections

edit: the menu names might be a bit different. I just freely translated them from finnish

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Edit: I'm clearly not looking hard enough - I skipped right past it because it was at the very top and not part of the larger list of settings at the bottom.

Thanks timoph!

In the English menu it's Internet connection, then Edit networks

I feel silly, but at least it's something suitably obvious

Weird thing: no sign of any saved Network settings for the router I'm struggling with. I suppose it only saves upon a successful connection.

I'll have another go at this tonight...

Last edited by shallimus; 2012-02-02 at 17:38.

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Finally: worth noting that my N9 can connect to the WLAN at my office (and various others) OK.
i know you probably checked anyway, but i'm still going to ask:

possible mac filtering in the router settings?

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaterix For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Nope, that's not it: my girlfriend's phone has never been configured in the router for sure, but it received a random IP from the DHCP address pool as soon as she put in the passphrase.

Resolved my issue with the N9 by assigning a static IP in the router. Pretty tedious to have to log in to the router, remember where to set static IPs, type in the MAC address of the N9 etc. etc.

Better than no WLAN connection though...!