Active Topics

Hi, i just picked up the 770 and would like to get some cbr viewing going. I tried evince, but it won't detect the cbr format. I tried Comix, but there's too many libraries I'm missing, same problem with cbrpager.

I'm running OS2006, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Well if you feel daring you could try upgrading to 2007HE to see if Comix may work.
There is also cbrPager but I'm not sure if that will run in 2006 either.

thanks, I tried 2007HE but it messed up my wireless connections, so I went back to 2006.

Are there any cbr readers that run under 2006 on the 770?

update:

I took it all up to the 2008 version and installed Comix from the repository and all is well. I had to tweak the memory to use the external card to keep the app from crashing.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Does it work fast enough to be usable reader?

it takes a good 2 minutes to load a cbr, once loaded it works well enough, sometimes you have to wait a few seconds for the next pages to load into memory.

I have the vm set to 24mb, I imagine with a larger card (I still have the stock 64mb), you can crank it up all the way and get better results.

I think there's a setting in there to preload the next page, that might be of use.

I found the scrolling around to be a bit problematic though.

hmm, couldn't find the preload option in version 2.21.1. It's crashes the whole 770 sometimes, but it's pretty nifty so far.

However, depending on pricing, I may abandon the 770 for Asus' tablet
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/0...hows-an-e.html