Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Click the zoom button on the bottom right. Uncheck the Show Flash Files option.
Thanks a lot, I didn't check under the 'plugin' tab.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Just a little caveat for those of you updating and who have been using Video Center.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2060

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Blast! A bit late now.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Has anyone warrantied their dead cards with the manufacture? If so what was your experience, brand etc.

Most if not all of them have a 1 year warranty, some even lifetime.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
Transcend happily sorted (well the disti did) my Class 6 SDHC 8Gb card in about 3 or 4 days which for NZ is damn fine service.

They come with a lifetime warranty BTW.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
It's a shame that we have to re-install everything just because of bug fix
Wow! That was my first upgrade to my N800, and that _is_ painful. It is like a windows reinstall (must be why I don't use windows).

and that Backup Application, what does it back up? I sure didn't backup my home directory (seemingly only the MyDocs folder), which was a surprise.

I have decided that if I like the application, it is worth having a local copy of the deb. I spent a couple of days trying to find osso-statusbar-cpu, since I was searching for load-monitor, or memory-monitor. Got it now, but wow, that upgrade is painful.

Craig...

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by cvmiller View Post
and that Backup Application, what does it back up? I sure didn't backup my home directory (seemingly only the MyDocs folder), which was a surprise.

I have decided that if I like the application, it is worth having a local copy of the deb. I spent a couple of days trying to find osso-statusbar-cpu, since I was searching for load-monitor, or memory-monitor. Got it now, but wow, that upgrade is painful.

I wrote a one line shell script tars up my home directory and copies it to a directory on my SD card, put it in /home/user/bin, and it's a menu item on osso-statusbar-cpu's "commands" settings. So, whenever I do a Backup, I then do my own copy operation.

I sort of agree about the difficulty in re-doing apps after upgrades or backup/restores ... but I firmly believe in not bypassing a package manager unless I absolutely have to (and am willing to forever manage that software by hand). So, keeping around debs isn't a reasonable task for me. I'd rather hound the developers to fix the shortcomings of the backup and application manger programs.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I think it's possible to just flash the kernel component of the fiasco image, but instead I extracted it first and flashed it specifically.
I checked the new image (38-2) against the old one (26-8) and the files that differ are zImage, initfs.jffs2 and rootfs.jffs2.

It's probably a goot idea to flash also initfs (by doing "flasher-3.0 -n initfs.jffs2 -f -R"), as it contains kernel modules (though the old ones also work).

The new rootfs.jffs2 has the same size as the old one, but differs in checksum. Does anyone know of a changelog, or just whether something else than sw-release (which may be edited in /etc/osso_software_version) has changed?

Last edited by grunge; 2007-10-07 at 16:16.

Originally Posted by grunge View Post
I checked the new image (38-2) against the old one (26-8) and the files that differ are zImage, initfs.jffs2 and rootfs.jffs2.
Did you use flasher on all 3 files? Everything working fine?

Originally Posted by grunge View Post
The new rootfs.jffs2 has the same size as the old one, but differs in checksum. Does anyone know of a changelog, or just whether something else than sw-release (which may be edited in /etc/osso_software_version) has changed?
I posted the list of changed files in another thread. Forgot which, but quite a lot of files changed. From casual inspection they didn't seem to have any real significance.