Posts: 99 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Meppen, Germany
Hey,

as I read here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=20317 there is a way to install KDE to our NITs.
Firstly I installed it directly to my N900 (rootfs storage full, happy that I got it empty without reflashing), then I noticed I need to install with an SDCard maemo Version. But I read that it doesnt work on our N900s because of wrong FW version. Am I right?

Is there any way to install KDE on our N900 (still want to use Maemo Apps and so on)

Thanks

Robin

Originally Posted by mautz001 View Post
Hey,

as I read here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=20317 there is a way to install KDE to our NITs.
Firstly I installed it directly to my N900 (rootfs storage full, happy that I got it empty without reflashing), then I noticed I need to install with an SDCard maemo Version. But I read that it doesnt work on our N900s because of wrong FW version. Am I right?

Is there any way to install KDE on our N900 (still want to use Maemo Apps and so on)

Thanks

Robin
Search the forums for Kubuntu.

yeah ill install kubuntu tomorrow, for now I only want to use a hildon alternative

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
He wants Maemo 5, just Hildon replaced with KDE.

I don't think it's possible (without recoding parts of all apps on the N900 that have a GUI) because Hildon is Gnome-based and has hildon and GTK+ -specific APIs that KDE won't have, that a lit of the apps use.

Any other possibility? not KDE but gnome, LXDE or something? I want my N900 to look like a Computer not like a tablet EasyDebian is great but I still have Hildon UI then

Tags
gnome ftw