Notices

hi all, was wondering if there is a lockscreen with battery level on it, like the way iphone has.

I wish my iPad had one of those, too.

you're on the wrong forum surely? i don't want any ifone crap anywhere near my N900.

Originally Posted by br1zer View Post
you're on the wrong forum surely? i don't want any ifone crap anywhere near my N900.
exactly the kind of attitude, open source people should not have. Sure you hate apple but as a programmer you can't help but admire both microsoft and apple. Learn from the best. It is an ever learning process even for these giants. You should be humble especially holding n900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
@niqbal

i disagree. open source people should not be indifferent bunch of idiots that go around and say : well that's okay if someone uses totally proprietary devices and software just to prove that you're in some way above that. Well you're not, after iCloud it comes clear where does these companies drive the internets ... to the wrong way for sure..

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
lets say lockscreen with a battery level (remaining) on it for N900.so is there any ?available ? NO ,why not just have it ? i am so sure if one would have already done it for N900 ,people here who are apparently opposing the idea at the moment ,would have said (yeah ,awesome, great ,thanks,nice work dude and so on) ,
appreciate the ideas and appreciate the good work thats it .

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Funny enough (when considering the iphone discussion above), the lock screen is one of the closed source things on N900. Perhaps it could be replaced though. Would be great to add some stuff to it.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
I have been trying to make a custom lockscreen - similar to quick-widgets. However, it seems impossible to make a (qt) window appear above the task switcher/application manager.
So it is just sitting there.
The second drawback is that there is quite a delay between pressin the power button and the actual dbus signal being emitted. That could be tolerable though.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Found a way, proof of concept in a bit

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Oh please don't tease !

BTW, was that about making windows appear on top, the lock screen or the power button?

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-06-08 at 11:13.