Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Latest version (1.0) of SharePy has the YouTube upload box enabled. Cannot test this out at work but will try it tonight from home.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-04-08 at 21:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
What's a SharePy? Brother can you spare a link?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
No, but google can.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
No, but google can.
You're kidding?

SharePy is an application to upload files to the Nokia service Share On Ovi from your Internet Tablet. You can to upload images, audio and videos with SharePy.

Share On Ovi is a Nokia service where you can store your files, share it with other people, comment in other people's files, and so on.

In a developer point of view SharePy is written in python, and it comes with a python library to interact with the Share On Ovi service.
It's the first ever python library for this, and it's done for Maemo. Now it only can upload files and get the channel list, but it's a beginning, specially when Nokia haven't published the API yet.

Credits
SharePy is written by Daniel Martin Yerga
Thanks to Stephen Wing for the SharePy name.
Thanks to gerrymoth for his suggestions and support.
The actual SharePy's logo is from the Gorilla iconset. It will be changing soon.
License
SharePy is free software, released under GNU GPL license, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

>> http://sharepy.garage.maemo.org/

SharePy is only available for the OS2008 version:

Click to install found here >> http://sharepy.garage.maemo.org/downloads.html

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-04-08 at 22:28. Reason: Added links

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Is there any app like this for facebook?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
What's a SharePy? Brother can you spare a link?
As the web it's a bit outdated I am going to explain what Sharepy is:

Sharepy is a multimedia uploader to different online services. Now it supports Flickr, Picasa, Youtube, Blip.tv and Slideshare. Eventually it will support image and video uploads to Facebook.

Sharepy started as an uploader to Share on Ovi Nokia's service. But now it doesn't support this service because when ovi.com started to use nokia.com accounts, the authentication changed and they continue without publish any document about its API.

Other services in planning are Vimeo, Metacafe, Mobypicture and Twitpic (perhaps the last two are a bit off-topic in this app).
Do you want it supports your favorite service? Please, comment it.

The version commented by Den in USA, the 1.0 is the one that support the five services, but it's in alpha state and it's only in Extras-devel, so it's not available for general public yet.
My idea is fix some bugs it has and do some tweaks in the UI, and promote it to Extras in this holiday weekend (perhaps with FB support in it yet).

If you haven't seen Sharepy (mainly because in maemo.org downloads page I can't add screenshots), here are some:
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Yerga - The Flickr upload works fine, however the YouTube will not upload my video. I filled in all of the fields but still get a ""Error uploading files, Please check your settings and connection"

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Yerga - The Flickr upload works fine, however the YouTube will not upload my video. I filled in all of the fields but still get a ""Error uploading files, Please check your settings and connection"
Works fine here. Unfortunately this version doesn't show the specific error but that general one.
I'll try upload a new version with better feedback in the next hours.

Whilst, what version of python-gdata have you? It won't show in the application manager (it's a hidden package), you should open the terminal and run 'dpkg -l python-gdata'

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
what version of python-gdata have you? It won't show in the application manager (it's a hidden package), you should open the terminal and run 'dpkg -l python-gdata'
I have version 1.2.3 - Omaemo2

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I have version 1.2.3 - Omaemo2
Thanks. It is the right one.

I think I found the problem and it's something with the Google/Youtube accounts.
Could you tested it using the youtube username, and also the google one (with the @gmail.com suffix...)?
I have two google accounts, my main one and other for tests. With the first is working with the youtube username while with the last it only works with the google one.