Active Topics

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Using that logic you'll soon stop buying anything.
Nope, just don't plan on buying any other Nokia products. Best products in the world mean squat if the company refuses to stand behind you in all aspects.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
Nope, just don't plan on buying any other Nokia products. Best products in the world mean squat if the company refuses to stand behind you in all aspects.
The point was that the situation we're discussing has become the norm in my experience, and that of others. It's gotten so bad in general that when Lexar Media recovered lost data off my damaged thumb drive and sent me a new one at no cost OUT OF WARRANTY I almost fainted.

My current nightmare is trying to RMA a bad Netgear router. They won't even answer the phone. Now THAT is piss poor service.

I've had trouble with almost every device manufacturer I've ever had to deal with. I'm not excusing Nokia, because I'm more unhappy than anyone here about the N800 service situation (trust me), but if you think this example is limited to one company you're in for a big surprise eventually.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I agree, about buying future nokia products, unfortunately 770 and 800 have no rivals, so if you want a linux internet tablet, I am not sure what other options you have, maybe that thing from china?

Anyway, I just today took 311$ for my Nokia 6682 which has been in repair since Jan 9th. You may quote me here, I will NEVER EVER, BUY ANOTHER NOKIA PHONE.

I looked at other UMPC type devices but $400 compared to $1000 plus

Textrat, I loved my nokia 770 and I love my n800, However,

5 plus weeks for repair of 770, took cash payout bought n800
5 plus weeks for repair of 6682, took cash payout will not buy another nokia phone.

Plenty of heated conversations to Nokia support and ERT. Like I said I was told take the money or wait, you have no other option accept sending a letter to arbitration. This is entirley BS, this should go to an internal team with the authority fix it for the customer. The warranty says they have 30 days to send the device back fixed, this is not asking the world, its very resonable. Nokia, however is not reasonable.

If I send in a phone for repair, and you send it back saying you cleaned it, but it is in fact still broken. YOU (being Nokia) should pay for the shipping the second time to the repair center, thats reasonable. Nokia, says if you want it fixed, you have to pay for shipping again.

I think its resonable for them to offer a 30 day turn around time, in the warranty, but if they can not send turn it around in 30 days, then they should send you a refurbished phone at customers option, if unavailable, a new phone should be offered to be sent. This to be would seem reasonable. Reading the warranty, you might even think it is what the warranty says, but it does not, they will not send a new phone/tablet as a replacment, at least not to me. It would have been better for them to send me a new replacment 770 and a new replacment 6682, and I would not be Flaming them on this post. But perhaps, just maybe, if it becomes annoying enough, they will realize there policy is unfair to consumers, and making people not want to return to Nokia as a customer.

Short of that, they need to change what the warranty states, to quit giving consumers the false sense of what the warranty provides.

Just my opinion~

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm not arguing against anyone's experiences, penguin... just pointing out they are not nearly as unique nor as narrowly confined as some would aver.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Spoke to the ERT rep today, who promised a same-day callback from the repair facility, who she supposedly had on the phone simultaneously with me. Did I get the callback as promised? Did the Dow Jones set a new record today? Different questions, same answer. More to come . . .

I really wish Nokia had kept its US production and repair operations. Right now is a turbulent time as those operations undergo transition to mexico and a local third party (repair), and hopefully within the next several months the dust will settle and the situation will improve.
Ah, is that what's been going on? In my case, I've been calling the repair shop directly, and the people there seem quite nice, but my N800 has been awaiting parts from Nokia for several weeks now.

I've had trouble with almost every device manufacturer I've ever had to deal with. I'm not excusing Nokia, because I'm more unhappy than anyone here about the N800 service situation (trust me), but if you think this example is limited to one company you're in for a big surprise eventually.
Some companies are the exception to this rule though. I've been generally very happy with Apple in the past - no website snafus when it comes to device registration (as happened to me with N800), fast repair turn-arounds, and when the product is buggy (like the MBP), from anecdotal evidence (I don't own one) they'd swap out the laptop for a new one (some people have had theirs replaced more than once).

Since Nokia is seen as wanting to be the next Apple, it's not too much to ask for that level of service. Hopefully things will improve soon. Otherwise they might end up like VW (good cars, good service in Europe but inept State-side)

Originally Posted by jpj View Post
Spoke to the ERT rep today, who promised a same-day callback from the repair facility, who she supposedly had on the phone simultaneously with me. Did I get the callback as promised? Did the Dow Jones set a new record today? Different questions, same answer. More to come . . .
You mean that wasn't the largest single day loss? (sorry, couldn't resist, and I don't know if it was or not).

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by rattis View Post
You mean that wasn't the largest single day loss? (sorry, couldn't resist, and I don't know if it was or not).
Not even close.

it seems the repair facility in minnesota has their act together, my 770 will be back soon (just have to fight with ups now, as nokia sent it to the wrong address...but thats another story). only took the mn facility a few days to repair and send my 770...whatever repair facility it was at before, oh man...its been months...then they sent it to mn, all went smoothly except for being shipped to my old address.