Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Hi Munky261, would you share those great icons for tritanium?
Thanks a lot!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Here ya go, if you want the normal application menu icons changed, you have to use emelfm2 to manually replace the stock icons for everything, they dont all reside in the same folders. If you dont know how or where to place the icons or update the icon cache (you have to do that even if you are using them just for personal launcher and personal menu) dont hesitate to ask.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tritanium Theme.zip (75.6 KB, 106 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Here ya go, if you want the normal application menu icons changed, you have to use emelfm2 to manually replace the stock icons for everything, they dont all reside in the same folders. If you dont know how or where to place the icons or update the icon cache (you have to do that even if you are using them just for personal launcher and personal menu) dont hesitate to ask.
Ok I'll ask where do these go lol

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by AscenXion View Post
Well, I need to thank you. Over the course of a couple weeks, when I first got my n810, I made every aspect of the theme and made or remade almost every icon for everything on the tablet. So, thank you for appreciating it, I wish I could show off all the icons I made, it took me a very long time. I'm not sure what I would need to upload for you, if you would like to use it, though. It's been over a year since I was playing with this, and I can't quite remember anymore. Is it the index.theme? Does that contain all the icons and the modified desktop theme? If someone just lets me know what I'd need to do, I'll get it out for you.

I can point you to the background that I used now, though, Tux Vs. MS Butterfly.

Anywho, thanks again, and hopefully some out there has an idea of how to modify OMWeather's detail view...anybody...anybody.

Kade
Hi Kade,

I didn't realise you had hand crafted the icons for your theme - great job. I do not know about themes/icons/etc, whether it is just a case of index.theme. All I have done to date is install themes from downloaded .deb files.
Perhaps I may find a little time soon to investigate what is required to share themes/icons and get back to you.

Regards,
John

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Andrewfblack, youll need to install emelfm2 first, if you havent already got it. Then navigate to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps in one pane, and in the other pane, navigate to whereever you have the icons stored. put JUST THE ICONS, not the folder in which they are contained into /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps. Then open xterm and run... sudo gainroot

gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor

Then after it says "cache file created successfully" you close xterm and either reboot or kill hildon desktop. Putting them in this location only makes them accessible to Personal Launcher and Personal Menu. If you want to change all the icons in the built in application menu, you will again have to use emelfm2 and replace all the original icon files. Most of these are located in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon , but a few (at least for me) are located in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps , or a few other locations thereabouts, you may just have to look around. I even had to edit a few .desktop files so the icons would change. If you have any questions about specific locations for program icons, just ask. But always remember to run the icons cache update. Good Luck!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spain
Ooops! WTF!!!!
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rscasas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by rscasas View Post
Ooops! WTF!!!!
Very funny! ...that might take a while, wait for the 3 service packs, reboot a half dozen times, and then try to do a screenshot of a BSOD on your Nokia.
* Fujitsu U810 (120GB, XPT/OSX) with Sprint 4G (WiMAX)
* http://www.latheofdreams.com

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by rscasas View Post
Ooops! WTF!!!!
I love seeing screen shots of my themes. I wonder if there is a way I could make the windows theme randomly close programs and give illegal operation errors

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by andrewfblack
I love seeing screen shots of my themes. I wonder if there is a way I could make the windows theme randomly close programs and give illegal operation errors
I'm in no way suggesting this... but there's nothing to say you couldn't write a small daemon (that would be installed along with the theme) that could accomplish such things as sending random dbus messages to open applications, or displaying some "error message dialog" type screens... ...and have it schedule itself for the "next invocation" via the alarmd daemon...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
qwerty12 has packaged up the xscreensaver package for maemo. One of the screensavers available is a very realistic looking crash-screen simulator. It has crash screens for all kinds of operating systems, all the way back to DOS and Amiga days. I bet you could set one up that just did simulated Windows errors.

Another fun thing to do would just to throw random dialog boxes with typical Windows error messages in them... You could use gxmessage or zenity for that...

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots